Devgru Throat Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devgru Throat Mic

Im thinking of buying the throat mic that z1 sell, but before i splash out 95 quid, i was wondering, has anyone got any experience of this device? and is it any good?
    thanks
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Re: Devgru Throat Mic

yo bud,
    i have one of them there "devgru" thingies-great bit of kit, very sturdy and well built, nice big PTT great sound and good vocal pick-up. 3 other members of my team use them too.

one word of warning, if like me me you have a bit of extra flesh on your neck, they are a bit uncomfortable, for this reason im selling mine so i can get a devgru frogman, if you might be interested drop me a pm.

cheers rich.
    'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

I have this throat mic also and found it to be Ok, its a very nice looking bit of kit and i really like the PTT box but the voice picture isnt great i have found and another member of my team has found it the same.

Comment

what is the "voice picture"
        they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
        Originally posted by N3ADS
        Is this you talking from experience ?..
        i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

i have the exacty devru throat mic set that z1 sell

frankly i find it to be really good - once its adjusted you can hardly feel it around your neck

never had a problem with people hearing me -even when speaking quietly
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

sorry to highjack the thread slightly but do these throat mics work with any radio? i use a cheap binatone action 950, will one of these be compatible???

Comment

i havnt used this throat mic ive used the devgru frogman but i can recommend the devgru quality they are really worth the money
              When in doubt call your self out

Team warhawks oxforshire squad

Comment

I haven't used the devgry ones but I have used throat mikes with cadets and I have found them brilliant and very comfortable (as long as you ain't a bit chubby like 'richy b' said).

The reason they work so well is because the mike uses vibrations from your voice box and not sound from your mouth so there could be explosions going off left, right and centre; people could be shouting right next to you and you could speak so quietly no one else can hear you but as long as the person on the other end has their radio up they will hear you perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
                  sorry to highjack the thread slightly but do these throat mics work with any radio? i use a cheap binatone action 950, will one of these be compatible???
                  the ones from zeroone come in different verisions for different radio, 1 pin, kenwood pins, motoroloa pins etc

should work with most radios i believe
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                    the ones from zeroone come in different verisions for different radio, 1 pin, kenwood pins, motoroloa pins etc

should work with most radios i believe
                    thanks mate, because it's a cheap binatone radio i thought there might be an issue. i thought they were geared up for really good radios like motorola and kenwood etc. only...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crotmate Find out more about crotmate
                    Working...
                    X