MARPAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARPAT

Ive been thinking of MARPAT camo for ages now and thinking about switching to it. I play in Woodland sites only. Now, the thing thats putting me off is the Orange/browny colour.. Its pretty much the most dominant colour so i thought good for cold times of year when everythings dead/dying and switch back to good ol' DPM's in the summer. Any help on this please?
    Face to Foot Style, How cha like it! - Kung Pow

Re: MARPAT

Well the team I am wite plays in woodland marpat for...unsuprisingly, woodland games, and desert marpat for urban....And the woodland marpat is extremely effective...
    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
    sigpic

Comment

Woodland MARPAT is good for any time of year as i use it year round but i mostly play woodland but i have MARPAT desert also for when i want it.

With it just lay down and let the enemy walk past.

This is my woodlands in use

curlyboy
      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

the large amount of brown visible in marpat means it is extremely effective in woodland at any time of year blending with both trunks and leaves, not to mention the green and black not only doing the same but also helping break your lines up when in bracken or ferns it makes it ideal for UK woodlands, link it with some CB based kit and you have a spot on outfit for our woodlands at anytime of year. if your gonna play on the odd grass based site or one with more grass in summer/autumn i would recommend dessie marpat bits and bobs such as a jacket (theres nothing wrong with mixing the two) as once the grass starts to turn in autumn it blends in brilliantly.
        cheers

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
        Millest's Ebay

Comment

Having seen MARPAT being used at my local site it is very effective. Not when you are right up close but any further away then about 10m and its seems just as good as DPM at my site.

Comment

I ran MARPAT, in both woodland and desert for a number of years. Woodland is very effective in spring and summer, and desert in autumn. (Never really played much in winter, cause I dont like the cold :P) Both very extremely effective, Id constantly have people saying to me after I'd hit them saying "I didnt see you"... yeh its damn decent stuff. I would suggest buying the issue MARPAT if you can get it, the pattern and colours are much nicer, and more effective. They are also more comfortable, the material has a higher content of natural fabric which is softer and cooler.

Comment

Woodland MARPAT is the best camouflage for woodland i have found. it is a digital camo so the eye doesnt pick up on it as easily as a camo such as DPM or US woodland.
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
              Originally posted by N3ADS
              Is this you talking from experience ?..
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I use MARPAT for my Delta load out with a Coyote brown plater carrier but an olive green one will do just as good. I've found it works fantastically and I would even push to say its probably the most effective camo available for woodland.

Comment

Woodland Marpat for Woodland, Extremely advised.
                  Desert Marpat for Urban, If you want to.
                  Winter Marpat for Woodland During the snow, They wont even know ure there :D
                  sigpic
                  G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Make sure Sam S.O doesnt see this thread he will murder it with hi res geardo pictures...

Comment

After 'upgrading' from DPM to MARPAT I can honestly say its more effective,

However, it's all abotu the long brim boonie!

Comment

You might want to consider the italian vegetato camo. I thought about marpat for a long time, but i feel that the vegetato is more effective and opted for it. Its slightly lighter and not as digitized, and has alot more green in it. Although I dont feel that the desert vegetato is as effective as desert marpat or even ACU, hence I have stuck to desert marpart.

Comment

Well if we're onto the topic of just digitised camouflage then there's a company in the UK called Hyde Definition that makes there own brand of digitised camouflage, thats probably the most effective Ive ever seen for the UK. Its mainly used for hunting so has some quite querky features like net in the armpits and on the pockets... but apart from that its good to go :D

Comment

Am I the only one who is going to defend Cadpat? In my personal opinion, Cadpat is a lot better in British woodland, after all, it beat DPM and Marpat in trials.

Comment

Id say not so much in British woodland as its a lot more brown (especially in the winter). Cadpats built for areas with much more greenery, but yeah it is awesome :D

Thats gonna be my next stalker TDU set too :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

benchrest That fat bloke Find out more about benchrest
                              Working...
                              X