Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

BB resistant Baseball cap - anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB resistant Baseball cap - anyone use them?

I've seen a baseball cap called a bump cap that is basically a baseball cap with impact resistant ABS inside, This was being worn by a contractor at work and it got me thinking..... Hmmm they would be a very good bit of kit for Airsoft, My team do a lot of CQB and plastic helmets etc are bulky making you head a bigger target that it needs to be...

I wa wondering if anyone has used a "bump cap" for airsoft before.. I can't be the first to think these caps would make an invaluable addition to safety as well as preventing the lumps on your head and trying to explain them at work on Monday after a shoot.

No bigger than standard baseball cap but protect your head from getting shot to SH*T.

Can Anybody shed some light on this??

Im Thinking of buying a bump cap they are only about a tenner so not expensive..
    sigpic

Re: BB resistant Baseball cap - anyone use them?

Dickies used to make them, I'm sure... i can't say I've ever really required that level of protection from BBs but i can't see it being a massive issue if you want to wear it...

Comment

I've had many a game where I get shot numerous times in the head from as close as 2 feet and ive bled from various hits... A Marshall got shot last Sunday and the blood was properly running down his face.. I work where it's not a good idea to come into work looking like you've been in a fight But nothing will stop me from enjoying my sport... These caps may prevent the lumps and grief of having my work colleagues quiz me about the marks and lumps..
      sigpic

Comment

Protection wise they are pretty good. Having worked in construction management for many years, traffic management and asphalt teams are sometimes given special compensation to wear these instead of hard hats. So that tells you how good they are.

They can get pretty warm though.

PLUS if you then get shot on the swede you may ring like a bell....lol.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ive always found a standard baseball cap stops a bb....

Comment

The instead of hard hat thing isn't to be taken too much as a show of their protective value, on a construction site for instance they'd not let you near wearing one of those. As Midas said though, maybe where the danger is a bump from a handle of a shovel or something.

I used one a couple of times for airsoft in Epsom Tunnels where bumping your head in the dark is very easy. Can't say BB strikes bug me, but smashing my head into a brick column does. I didn't get on with them though, good protection from smashing your head open if you hit it, but you'll still be left reeling. It didn't sit well on the head and was prone to fall off on occasion. I'd use a wooly hat to be honest - better protection against BBs and more secure.

Comment

Man up and take your hits!

Comment

We have them at work and to be honest they are very rounded and look really shit! i would rather wear a pixie hat!

Comment

Your really bothered about getting shot in the skull? Man up. In the face from close up, fair enough. In the ear, fair enough. On the swede???? Who cares?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If you want protection from bbs, a standard baseball cap should do just fine. Been shot several times in the head at close range wearing mine, and yes, it hurts, but it doesnt leave any marks, and its really not that bad. Started experimenting with a brimless boonie cap, so i still get full forehead protection, but am able to see whats going on above me.

Comment

They are mandatory at work. Uncomfy, hot, and you look a top helmet wearing one..!! They can be purchased cheap if anyone would like to try them though. A company called (if memory serves me right) Schubert. But loads of company's make them. Usually have a short peak for vision when on the job.
                      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

It's not about "manning up" not at all, the scars left from getting 8 rounds in the head are no longer funny , I have always sported a shaved head (since going grey massively). I was looking for head protection that isn't too big. I've got wooly hats helmets but thought I would stop the bleeding when popping my head round a corner in CQB, I have to say getting clouted with multiple hits from 5 or 6 feet away in the same part of the head isn't funny and has made me swear like mad.. On numerous occasions... Even worse burst fire from an MP9 GBB can wrattle your brains with a shaved head trust me..
                        Guess ill have to buy n try in the new year..
                        sigpic

Comment

If I can get one from work ill pm you and send it your way free of charge. It may well require some krylon or something as they are navy blue.
                          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

If still after a bump cap look at the 'protector first base', it has a flexible plastic inner so moulds better than a rigid bucket bump cap, used these at work and very comfy, the inner is like a 3 part leaf all joined at the front and comes losely together at the back so giving the flexibility for it over your noggin.
                            sigpic

Comment

eBay search Tuff Cap, they range from £5 - £20. I always wear a helmet (fall out of windows and slip in airsoft) so can see the appeal.
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

moving shadow Started Airsoft as a Skirmisher in 2009 and 2010 set up / Founded & Organiser of- Telford & Wrekin Airsoft Team, featured in Airsoft International and Airsoft Action magazines. Find out more about moving shadow
                              Working...
                              X