The Multicam issue... [Longish Read!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Multicam issue... [Longish Read!]

Hi guys, firstly this is my first post, but for the last month ZeroIn as been one of the major sources for me when attempting to work out the kinks to starting up my first gear collection, unfortunately the team I will be joining all play in Multicam, which as everyone here more than likely knows does not make my job of getting a cheap loadout easy.

So having literally spent hours trawling the dark recesses of Google and Chinese sites for that elusive "cheap" Multicam BDU/ACU/TDU solution, I have think I have found all of my existing options, and if its possible I would appreciate any form of feedback you guys may be able to offer on each of the following items, listed in descending order in terms of price and quality "appearance";

(I am aware that some of the products below may be found at cheaper retail stores)

Ghost BDU:
    (Shirt and Trouser)

Tactical Quartermaster BDU:
    (UBACS)
    (Trouser)

Propper Series:
    (ACU Style Shirt)
    (ACU Style Trouser)

Tactical Response Uniform Series:
    (Tactical Response Shirt)
    (Army Combat Trouser)
    (UBACS)
    (Response Trouser)
    - There are other products from this brand, however I believe these are the most popular from their range out on the field. Additionally I have rated TRU higher than Propper purely for their functionality, feel free to give you're opinion as to which Brand you prefer.

Combat Service Support BDU:
    (UBACS)
    (Trouser /w Kneepads)
    - I personally had my eye on these about 3 months ago and they were rated at £55, I do not know why I didn't buy them then as for me one of my current gear dilemmas is the requirement for knee pads and is one of the real reasons why I am tempted to spend sub £100 on an integrated trouser. This is my MAIN interest, if anyone has these or has tried them and can confirm that they are of a good quality and do not fade (fast?), I will personally come to you're house and thank you :p

OPS Series:
    (UBACS /w Elbow Pads)
    (Battle Trouser /w Knee Pads)
    (Ultimate Trouser /w Knee Pads)
    - The best alternative to not owning the official CP gear, possibly the only option for people who want a tested and proved quality product with integrated pads, but these are definitely budget bursters.

I think I have covered all of the options available to a new airsofter looking to start a Multicam loadout, and possibly even the hardened airsofter. Whilst looking for the above loadouts I came across several variations of the Multicam pattern, these Digital patterns may work well, or even as well as the standard "blob" Multicam. I again ask anyone who may have experience wearing these products to comment with their opinion. Listed in the same order as before;

STALKER TDU:
    9Jacket w/ kneepad)
    (Trouser w/ elbowpad)
    (UBACS w/ elbowpad)

OMNIPAT Series:
    (Shirt /w padding)
    (Trousers /w padding)

I realise I'm probably asking a lot from the readers of ZeroIn to go through and offer any information they can on the above products or even to actually of read the whole post , but for someone who has not purchased any gear before your thoughts are invaluable. Please feel free to refer this to other people, I would more than be happy if we can make an effort to make a knowledge base for future airsofters investing in Multicam.

Thanks for you're time!
    Brad "Naux".
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 15 January, 2010, 05:07. Reason: Tiny links removed

Re: The Multicam issue... [Longish Read!]

Sorry, but i'm not sure any of the links work...

Comment

I'll be quick: OPS!

You can't beat the real stuff for colour match, and build materials. I had china copy stuff before, and it was quite "pink" and not great quality.

When you did all your research, you forgot to research Zero In rules. Mods are probably preparing to tear you a new...... after all them links to competitors! :eek:

Comment

I read the rules, thats why i used preview links that would take you to TinyUrls website asking for confirmation before going to any competitors websites, If this is a problem please let me know and I will just refer to the name of the item in some form or remove them entirely. Sorry for any inconvienance, no harm was intended.

Comment

I don't personally care :D Rumour has it, there is more shops out there than Zero One

Depending what size you are, I saw some medium-large OPS trousers with built in pads for £70 on here or arnies earlier.

Buy right, buy once. Buy cheap, buy twice! :D

Comment

Originally posted by NAUX View Post
            I read the rules, thats why i used preview links that would take to TinyUrls website asking for confirmation before going to any competitors websites, If this is a problem please let me know and I will just refer to the name of the item in some form or remove them entirely. Sorry for any inconvienance, no harm was intended.

Ahh I see what you have done now...

Very nifty Mods have nothing on you haha.

Comment

Anyone got, used or heard about Solo Multirole Camouflage?
              sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

Thats a good question, it looks very similar indeed. Something I meant to ask which applies to all of trousers/shirts that include a "Internal/External slip pocket for kneepads", are these pockets generally large enough to take the pads that come with the OPS/Crye trousers if anyones tried?

Comment

Hey Naux, I just picked up a set of Stalkers... they are extremely good quality and really really nice bits of kit. What size are you looking for? If you're largish and don't mind buying at cost off me I could use a medium set as these are slightly baggy!

Comment

i use a set of tru spec cost me £80 for both the trousers and bdu shirt

its is real officially licensed multicam so look just as good as the more expensive options

however no integrated knee pads, but i wasnt too bothered about them

AVOID china stuff thats all i can say - i had a set and flogged it within about 2 hours - terrible quality and just not the right colours at all
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I think the stalkers are one of my lower priority choices since im aiming at the "blob" type multicam. Kneepads are essential to me since I'm an offensive player and tend to slide into cover quite alot, and theres nothing worse than sliding into a root or rock on bare knees.

Comment

blob type?

Its genuine crye MC, Im fairly sure...

Comment

I tell you, once you have had the inbuilt kneepads you'll never go back :D

Comment

Yup, the ones on my stalkers are awesome! Plus Ive got inbuilt molle loops, triple pistol mag pouches in each thigh pocket, pistol mag pouches on my wrist, elbow pads, wind skirt... so much cool stuff in em :p

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                              wind skirt... so much cool stuff in em :p
                              You wear a multicam skirt.....? :eek:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NAUX Find out more about NAUX
                              Working...
                              X