WE 226 Holster advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 226 Holster advice please

Recently bought a WE 226 E2 and as i have a few serpas already, and have got on well with them, thought id buy another one, silly me, WE only went and made the fookin slide too damn big and it will not fit at all. Grrr. When compared to my friends TM version the top of the slide is more square in shap and slightly wider, i have tried filing the inside down a bit but real serpas are tough bitches and had no luck.

So i need people that own the above gun/WE 226 to let me know what holsters they use that do fit the bloody thing!

Ta

Luke

Re: WE 226 Holster advice please

I use a Bianchi 7130 AccuMold SL 3.2.1 Duty Holster Black RH. Think its a Size 13A.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Come to me and I'll make you a Kydex one :-)

Comment

i use a genuine serpa....just remove the retention adjust screw and stick it in a pan of boilign water for 5 mins....and yippe your gun will slide in and out nicely

Comment

What jssmitty said ^ I use a genuine serpa too.

Boil the kettle, fill the basin and stick it in till its nice and bendy. Then just jam your 226 in and let it cool, it'll still be a bit stiff for the first few times you use it but it'll loosen up eventually.
          Magpul'd Hurricane SR47 //WE Glock 17 Gen4 // KWA LM4: Mk12 SPR Mod 1 - HK416N - LWRC M6A2 // Tanaka M870

Comment

As I posted in another thread...

The spot where they bind is along the top of the slide. The two edges are less rounded off than on the real gun so you need to file away a channel for each one.

I did it quite simply by offering the gun up to the holster and marking the points where the top edges of the slide made contact with a crayon. I then heated up a long screwdriver and melted away two channels down the inside of the holster. After I gauged I'd melted away roughly enough, I ran a rough round file down the channels to smooth it out. My WE226R now fits in my genuine Blackhawk holster perfectly.

Putting it on the oven may work in some instances, but you need to stretch the holster's material in the instance here, plus you run the risk of distorting other vital areas if you heat the whole thing up.

Heating thing up in hot water increases the chances of warping over vital parts... It's not a great idea.

Comment

or just put it in hot water for 5 mins and your sorted.....ALOT easier and it wont damage it or any vital parts at all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Goat Find out more about The Goat
              Working...
              X