Ghillie Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghillie Suits

Hi there looking at getting a ghillie suit and am looking at getting the Jackal ghillie suit (also known as Jack Pyke) made by camosystems as shown below. Has anyone seen or owned one, if so would you recommend one? Or would you recommend another ghillie suit?

thanks

Re: Ghillie Suits

personaly i would avoid shop bought ghillies as there rubbish i would make one your self as then u know its been made properly and wont fall apart
    sigpic

Comment

While I can't speak for shop made Ghillies making your own would be very rewarding (and time consuming, and probably frustrating) but imagine the grin when someone comesup to you and goes: "Sweet Ghillie man! Where'd you get it?" And you can reply with: "Made it myself."

Also with a self made one you can adapt it better to suit your typical environment.

There are several different bases people use for ghillies, webtex concealment vests, old camo clothing (British forces made ghillie capes from 95 smocks as the base) or you can buy do it yourself ghillie kits.

I appreciate not everyone wants to spend the time and effort creating a ghillie, but it'll be rewarding.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Indeed making your own ghillie is part of the experience.

I use the webtex concealment vest, style of system, very easy to attach whatever you want too.

few months ago i started rebuilding mine using a load of "3d fake leaves" brought from a hobby store, the leaves look real which is nice and have the stalk so you can thread it through the holes in the webbing and tie em up, i started piling on those on top of the hessian that i was using previously (which had started falling out due to age etc) and its created a very good ghillie, if there is a lot of dead leaves on the ground youll blend in perfectly lol or look like a bush, one of the two.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
        Working...
        X