Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l85 authentication

hi everyone ,
    i recently picked up an ics l85a2 and was wondering, what can i do to make it look authentic?
    i was thinking cosmetic,
    should i stay with my susat or go with the ta31 acog?,
    if acog, is there a mount similar to the ones used in afghan available for the airsoft l85?
    what about an armoury number on the foregrip and cheekpiece?

any other suggestions?
    Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Re: l85 authentication

Don't they also mount flashlights on either the hand gaurd or barrel? Not sure which but I think that makes them look very cool, looks more like theyre sposed to be taken out on long ops :-).

Comment

i'd say SUSAT.

L85 + SUSAT = bit of an icon, recognisable.

Armoury number on the front of the hand guard and ontop of the susat.

UGL ?

Light module?

Front RIS?

Comment

Originally posted by army will View Post
        i recently picked up an ics l85a2 and was wondering, what can i do to make it look authentic?
        Very little; it's an ICS. :p

Seriously, SUSAT is still very much the defacto standard issue. Wait a while and see what happens with the Spectre.

Comment

ris wise i've modded the 'a2' foregrip early a'stan style, drilling thorugh the foregrip and mounting a 20mm u.f.i.r rail and attaching a g&g vertical grip

optics wise i think i'll keep the susat

is there an airsoft replica of the l85 llm?

light wise, would a g36 side rail mounted on the side of the foregrip, with a ris mounted torch look out of place?

think i'll ask my dad for the number of the '80 he was issued with if he can remember lol

also the ics is a proper a2 none of this a1 foregrip, none working cocking handle rubbish from the star

ugl-wise i thought only the ares/star l85 is compatible with the ugl?

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Ah yes...

No UGL for you then :p

Comment

oh well, no functional cocking handle for you and at least my bayonet fits without modification

p.s the above is intended as humerous banter
              Last edited by army will; 24 January, 2010, 23:55. Reason: spelling

Comment

I was just thinking about the armoury numbers you want to add on,
                Dont mean to sound like a bore or some one correct me if im talking utter Bo**)^%s as its just a thought, but

if you were to get pulled up by the police etc, and you had an airsoft rifle with 'Authentic' armoury codes, surely its just asking for trouble as they could try and accuse you of converting a real SA80 etc, especially if you use your dads old codes which means they will be traceable to a real gun somewhere!

perhaps just make a random one up so it looks real but isn't.

Just a thought anyway.

Mole

Comment

Not that I am thinking about marking up my RIF, but I doubt they would have immediate access to armoury codes and I'm sure they would very quickly realise it is an airsoft RIF...not even a Deac.

Mine has the G&G "nato/enfield" numbers. I hope I am never pulled over and have to wait for them to establish that the serial number is not real
                  AdeUK

Comment

Mole1811 has a very good point. And only you will know it is a real armoury code anyway, accessories the nuts off it if you want but I really wouldn't go putting real armoury numbers on it as it can only lead to trouble.

Comment

From what I know, Isn't an Armoury number a Tipexed two digit number on the front of the hand guard and ontop of the susat?

Comment

I can't believe people are worrying over butt numbers. Put 'em on, FFS...

Comment

get yourself one of the torches which have a laser mounted in the middle!

used one a while back - effin awesome!
                          Originally posted by Coz
                          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            I can't believe people are worrying over butt numbers. Put 'em on, FFS...
                            lol i will do , might have to try one of these 'laser torches' anyboy fany pm'ing me a link to a decent one?

Comment

Just don't put any skullz or peace symbols on your AEG - that really scares the Police. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

army will Find out more about army will
                              Working...
                              X