Camming a helmet?? #multicam #mk6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camming a helmet?? #multicam #mk6

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps43cc8cd1.jpg <~ is this the correct way

What I mean by helmet camming is like troops in Iraq or in the uk put stuff in there helmets fake foliage or trees/bushes to break up the shape of their helmet.. I was told to search on the Internet for helmet camming or camming a helmet and I've searched and can't find much info.. I wear this helmet in a woodland environment just mainly for looks.. But it also keeps me blended in With the environment I was told, .. For CQB I wear a bonnie style hat but that's a diff story..

Any info you could give would help.. Feedback is good any advice on how to cam a helmet is helpfull

Cheers rob

Ps not used this forum much so hope I posted in right place..
    And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Re: Camming a helmet?? #multicam #mk6

looks kinda ok fella, need to hold it down with a bit of od helmet band. what they are doing at the mo in afghan is using strips of mtp material and hesian, then tying it off to the netting on the helmet in layers working upwards. it looks good too..

Comment

I do have a helmet band around my helmet would you suggest I put it under my helmet band?? I left some sticking out for the "natural look!"
      Also can you buy hesian? I can also buy strips of multicam from a guy on a market stall who deals with fabric type stuff..

My helmet comes with elastic so what I did was cut some cammo netting off a massive net and attach it to the elastic via cable ties then add some brown/black fabric to break it up..

The guy in the photo looks pretty cool and his " helmet cammo" looks cool too!! That's what I was going for but mine looks pretty naff haha
      And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

A combination of hessian (cut up sand bags) and strips of mtp works well.

According to the MoD long strips of mtp works best. I would post the ibn but for some reason its reatricted.

Comment

Think of it as tiling a roof. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

It doesn't need to be crazy, just enough to break up the outline so at a distance it doesn't look like a lid. Don't admire or critique your work whilst holding it and looking at it from different angles.... go and put it down somewhere at least 25 meters away and inspect your work from there. After all this is the closest the "enemy" are going to get before you light them up.

Just make sure you have some strips of elastic fitted the lid, or a handful of elastic bands with you on game day so you can add some local cam. No point hiding in amongst green grass with a sandbag / mtp camo helmet. The ability to add a bit of grass will help obscure it.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I will go town tomorrow and buy some MTP, A net and try and get some sandbag type fabric.. Ill post a photo

Comment

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps20d56d87.jpg

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psbdfde1ca.jpg

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps52f06963.jpg

These are photos of the finished result.. I noticed a lot of troops use a net.. But I have a helmet elastic cover and headband so I just attached the strips to the elastic.. It also means I can add real bush to it if need be.. I use mtp strips and Hussein or however it's spelt (sand bag type material)

Also one side of the mtp fabric was white.. So it looks abit odd but I cut strips and tried to double it with 1 side mtp then another side also mtp.. But back to back doubling and tying it.. Feed back its appreciated

Cheers rob

Ps tried to edit my last post?? Is that not possible??

Comment

what you need is a "pcs" mtp helmet cover mate or the earlier one will work aswell if your on a budget and cut varying lengths of mtp strips and attach them bottom to top

Comment

literally done this in the hour since i posted to my mk7 over scrim netting

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

not done just yet gunna darken the tape with some spray paint but all this was one with is tying strips of mtp and some deer hunter netting to the helmt net

Comment

That does look pretty sweet.. I can see what I'm aiming for now..

What does pcs stand for?? I bought a helmet cover with elastic all over it in MTP.. The burlap/sand bag stuff is like very light but hope it will darken with some soil onit.... I bought some for like half a metre for afew quid if that the MTP is also fabric stuff afew quid... I just tied it around the elastic and let it hang down.. Along with the MTP cloth stuff to break it up.. Should I add more to mine or add some different type?? In a woodland it would blend in pretty well.. I used to leave my helmet just bare then a guy I was with said put bushes on that elastic you stand out..
                    I will add bushes to it when theirs leaves on the trees but I wanted to make a fake/realistic looking cover..

Comment

PCS- personal clothing system

Comment

personal clothing system just the bull turd name the army gives to the new cut mtp and stuff, basicly i think you just need to get rid of the big green gap at the bottom ad twist all the material abit also cut it abit so it splits up and cut it so it looks disrupted less straight like cut curves in it

Comment

Some may find this interesting, a pic from the ibnimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mein helmet, works and havent been pulled up yet image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Ok thanks guys the last pictures from "rifleman" is what I've got or the look I was going for I guess you have to remeber that afghan and the uk are different as afghan has desert?? There for requiring a lot of sand type material.. The place I play at is very green, dark green, light, ect.. I wanted my multicam greener and much darker because its a light material or seems to be from the place I got it, can you darken it with soil??

Where do you get the deer hunting net from or what is it made of?? Ill repost my picture but all I did was fill in the patches with some more MTP/multicam material and add some hessian too it to break it up, I will add afew light bush or odd bits of leaves ect to further add to it on game day..

Comment

The net is just a standard helmet net that is pulled under the helmet, you can get a few different sizes.

The hessian/mtp scrim can be dyed, sprayed, thrown about it dust and dirt and it should darken a bit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Commandoo Typical lad, gym, work, fashion, music Find out more about Commandoo
                              Working...
                              X