DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY

Was just wondering whether any of you guys/girls made any gear of your own.

Heres a few of the recent ones Ive put together.

The most recent update. Shoulder straps futher apart so doesnt rub on your neck. Easier to build, stronger, simpler, lighter and more comfortable

Wondered if anyone else has done anything like this? :D

Re: DIY

If I could find a place to buy the materials then I would put my grandmother in a sweat shop until she had made me the EXACT thing that works for me :D, I was tempted to try but sourcing materials was a real kerfufle.

Chest looks good though

Comment

Theres a few places in the UK to pick up materials. Cordura was picked up from a Ebay (real good quality stuff), as was the bonded Nylon thread ('69). The plastic hardware and webbing were picked up from a UK supplier. Its pretty easy to pick up overall if you know where to look. Milspec on the other hand you'll have to get from the US, but the stuff I used here was pretty damn decent so I wont be bothering unless I have to.

Comment

I made a couple of things myself. I've just made a bandolier to hold 5 FN FAL mags, using the leg from an old pair of DPM ttrousers and some old gun bag strap and with the other leg I made a DPM cover for my dump pouch. Also made a gun sock from a camo scarf.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desertwarrior123 Find out more about desertwarrior123
        Working...
        X