Tf3 matrix vest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tf3 matrix vest?

I've been looking about, and found the vest from transformers 3(tf3), looking at it, it certainly is different and stands out, but just wanna no if anyone has one or had one to let me no if there are any major issues with it?
    I don't mind that there is not much room for pouches as I travel light anyway, wanna no if it's not comfy or breaks easy etc... As it quite a lot of money and wanna make sure before I decide to get it or not

Cheers

Tom :D

Re: Tf3 matrix vest?

I really like mine but I believe that there are two types out there now. The first gen ones,seem to have stronger clips and buckles... It's not heavy, very adjustable to fit different sizes and most importantly looks cool!
    Anyway, I find that I manage to get everything I want on me as I also wear a belt for extra mags, medic pouch for bangs and my dump pouch!

Comment

So would you recommend a first gen one? Also read about it dints when hit with bb's, are they permanent or temporary?

Comment

They're playing my song

These things are great if you also have a belt kit, I have one of the gen 2 with the different buckles, those things are the only thing wrong with the vest. The actual buckles themselves are great and sturdy, but I've lost at least one of the crappy plastic adjuster things on the strap itself, meaning it comes out of one of the buckles and flaps around loose. Luckily it's been fixed pretty solidly with a cable tie, no worries there. Also the gen 2 doesn't come with boobs, which is nice. One thing to note is that the molle is tight as balls, if you want to attach something with a big thick molle strap on it you might have some fun there.

They're also comfy and massively adjustable, I'm a pretty big guy and it could easily go much larger.

As for being dented by bbs, it happens, and they kind of fade over time, but a trishot blast at three feet or so is going to be remembered for a while. The one downside I can see is that with a year or two of use something will probably get tattered and break, but at £40 I'll just buy another when that happens.
        - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
        - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Cheers for that info. Also seen that there 2 makes MTV and matrix, which one is better?

Comment

Are there? No idea to be honest, difference is probably the shape of the chest piece and whether it has the single molle loops on the side panels or not.
            - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
            - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Sorry just read Mir back ment to put tmc not MTV. Not sure where to look to find the vest at the best price tho

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomsatnav View Post
                Sorry just read Mir back ment to put tmc not MTV. Not sure where to look to find the vest at the best price tho
                The vests are all manufactured by the same Chinese corporation, just branded different. Gen 2 is cheaper but has lousier buckles as has been discussed. Your best bet is an HK shop.

Comment

Anyone got a good place to buy one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by jiffk View Post
                    Anyone got a good place to buy one of these?
                    They seem to be in classified ads all the time.

Comment

You are also not allowed to mention other airsoft retailers on these forums, have a look at the forum rules

There's also a reason that they keep popping up in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                        You are also not allowed to mention other airsoft retailers on these forums, have a look at the forum rules

There's also a reason that they keep popping up in the classifieds
                        Good point, I thought maybe someone might PM me

Why do they keep coming up for sale? All the reviews seem to like them, I could see them being limiting if your at a site with longer games but for quick CQB they would have enough points to attach stuff.

There's a few in the classifieds now but the users are either permanently off line now or have sold.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                        Working...
                        X