French Foreign Legion Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Foreign Legion Loadout

As the title says im looking for a FFL loadouts and sources e.g films pics magazines ect
    It'd be great if someone had a full FFL kit and please don't be the smart guy and say "oh do you have your white flag haw haw hawww" because ive heard/seen it all before
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-tactical-list
    My Tactical List

Re: French Foreign Legion Loadout

id have alook at the mali conflict as a large lot of ffl have been involved there
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

Cce camo, felini (i think) body armour but that costs the earth... famas/scar l /g36 ( however the famas is the standard and the other are theatre specific ) if your going to go for patches etc wikipedia is your friend. Other reference point is the movie "special forces" and to be fair its a pretty good film too lol

Oh yeah im having a crack at this loadout too lol

Comment

I'm doing it as well, it's a great loadout and they're a great outfit, actually bought Famas suspenders and belt, (sounds faintly erotic, but I suppose that's the French for you, lol.) last night from a German (I think) firm, I would suggest you try and stick to surplus, as the French cut, is quite unique, keep us posted.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahairybaldguy View Post
          As the title says im looking for a FFL loadouts and sources e.g films pics magazines ect
          It'd be great if someone had a full FFL kit and please don't be the smart guy and say "oh do you have your white flag haw haw hawww" because ive heard/seen it all before
          But it's French!!
          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Have a look at the Kepi Blanc website for a source on kit and looks. Are you after a modern Legion look? I've got gear from the 50s through to the early 80s if you need help.

Comment

I've got 50s FFL kit i'm working on for a magazine article but I'm assuming you're wanting more up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                But it's French!!
                yes, but only the officers, don't forget! lol.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                  I've got 50s FFL kit i'm working on for a magazine article but I'm assuming you're wanting more up to date
                  Ha Ha,, who else?.... If someone told me that a member of the forum has legion kit, and asked me to guess who it was, I'd have said, "mm! could be anybody", .....but if they'd said, "it's vintage", I'd then, have replied, "oh! vintage, that'd be Gadge then" lol.....(and it'll no doubt, be spot on).

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                    yes please lol i would buy the magazine if you did need all the sources i can lol
                    I love the smell of napalm in the morning

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-tactical-list
                    My Tactical List

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                      yes, but only the officers, don't forget! lol.
                      French can also enlist in the legion. I dont get why they dont just enlist with a regular French army unit however. I think they can now enlist as french nationals although they used to sign on as Belgian/Canadian/Moroccan

Comment

Yes, it's probably some stupid anti- discrimination ruling, spoiling yet another tradition, saying that, the officers posts, of course, were always open to the French.

Comment

Anybody got a kit list for this loadout?

Comment

So I have started looking at what they use:

FAMAS
                            French Army Combat CCE F2 Camo Shirt and Trousers
                            French Foreign Legion Beret and Cap Badge

If there is anybody else out there who can expand on the 2013 kit that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostWolf View Post
                              So I have started looking at what they use:

FAMAS
                              French Army Combat CCE F2 Camo Shirt and Trousers
                              French Foreign Legion Beret and Cap Badge

If there is anybody else out there who can expand on the 2013 kit that would be great.
                              Got a post a bit further up with a few bits n bobs. Like the british army use sa80's and mix up with L1191a the ffl do with FN scar L and G36 variants

As i say the film special forces is a good reference as a few of the squad its based on are ffl

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ahairybaldguy Find out more about Ahairybaldguy
                              Working...
                              X