Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice?

I have a TM MP5A4, i find that it doesnt really have the range that i desire, i've recently come into a fair bit of money, not enough to buy an M4 or M15 but enough to get some pretty decent stuff.

So here's the question.
    Should i spend some money upgrading my mp5? and if so what upgrades should i get? i've yet to find a decent scope.

Or should i try and save up for an M4/15?
    Thanks
    TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Re: Advice?

How about offering the MP5 up for swaps and look for an M4, with a reasonable spec, that you might have to add a bit of cash to get?
    sigpic

Comment

yeah its up for swaps/sale right now, i have been trying at several places for a few weeks and am beginning to doubt wether it will ever go :P
      TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Comment

The M4 won't have any more range than the MP5 necessarily.

The range will come from the hop-up unit. So maybe invest in a new bucking/nub and fiddle with the adjustment leaver to get some more range from it. Also get it crono'd, see if the fps is ridiculously low too.

As for upgrades, tightbore barrel & the hopup parts. Should give accuracy & range.

For higher rate of fire a high speed motor and 9.6v battery. But then you might want to upgrade the gears and mod the piston.

TM springs are weak, you could put in a M100 to bring it up to 350fps.

Then there is a world of cosmetics, metal body, front RIS kit, silencer, change of stock etc.

Comment

What enviroment do you play in, as this can affect what you can do to your gun.
          All the TM guns I have either owned or used have had good range due to the hopup so there may be a problem with yours.
          Upgrade wise i would suggest a Madbull 6.03mm tighbore barrel, and an M100 spring if you think you need it (depending on your sites FPS limits that is)

Bert.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmtchll I like airsoft. Find out more about simonmtchll
          Working...
          X