Collapse

Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Can I short the pins myself?
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Update on the speaker upgrade:

It was fully successful. Cutting the front PC board out for the speaker magnet caused no malfunctions in the radio. As I was pretty sure, there are no circuit traces in the board in that area.

Machining down the inside of the front cover to flat to accept a larger speaker was trouble-free as well. In fact, since only just enough
      of the front was cut to accept the larger speaker from a Motorola XTS5000, I was still able to use the original speaker clamp and screws.

Audio quality is a marked improvement over stock. It's noticeably louder and has better audio balance but there is still room for improvement. Since there is no lack of space in the radio chassis and on the front PC board, I'm looking into the idea of building a drop-in booster amplifier kit which could easily include an equalization circuit to make the audio both louder and substantially better still.

I made before and after photos of the speaker mod. I'll try to get them uploaded and posted in the next few days.

Comment

Any updates on programming this puppy with a computer? It's got to be possible as both the booklet and TRIs website mention programming/cloning.

Comment

Hi is there a way to get z-tactical comtac 2 headset to work with the tri prc 152 and tri u94 ptt? or do I need a different ptt Thanks

Comment

Can any of you help or experienced this problem?

When I connect my ptt and headset it will transmit but no voice is sent but I can hear when other people transmit but as soon as I disconnect my ptt and headset when I transmit voice is sent. I've already sent back one headset and ptt and exchanged them and the same thing has happened to the replacements.

Comment

Is yours set up for use with real or copy headsets it does make a difference

Comment

It's a tri headset and ptt

Comment

Did you get the radio and headset from the same retailer ?
                  Mine works much better with real steel ptt and headsets

Comment

No I didn't as where I got the radio didn't have the headset I wanted

Comment

• Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Can't be sure but that might be your problem email the company you got the radio from and ask what ptt and headset it's set to

Comment

Thanks for the help I've done that now

Comment

Thanks for the help have done that now

Comment

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with this. Once I've set a frequency on this, say it's PMR channel 6: 446.06875, how do I save that as memory channel 6, and furthermore how do I get the display to show channel instead of frequency? The manual really isn't much help.

Any info really would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neilfatmonkey View Post
                              Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with this. Once I've set a frequency on this, say it's PMR channel 6: 446.06875, how do I save that as memory channel 6, and furthermore how do I get the display to show channel instead of frequency? The manual really isn't much help.

Any info really would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil
                              Hi bud instead of me going on about functions, check YouTube some really good vids on how to use that's how I did it... Nice radio

Comment

I've watched all the videos I can find on YouTube, well all the ones in English, but can't find an answer to this specific question.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                                Working...
                                X