Advice on loadouts for milsim games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on loadouts for milsim games

Hi guys, just wondering if i could get some advice on the sort of kit that you run for longer, milsim style games, between 12-25 hours.

Info on how many mags (and what capacity), the way you have your kit set up and any other stuff you carry would be really appreciated.
    Pics would also be good.

(I hope this is in the right place, mods please move if not)

Thanks in advance, Sam.

Re: Advice on loadouts for milsim games

I haven't played at a milsim but I'd really like to.

My suggestion would be to start at your usual loadout for a typical skirmish day, then take it from there. I understand it's mid caps only. Though if this is 70,100 rnds or just 30rnds I don't know.
    Specifics would depend on the site. I would have thought you'll be wanting an extra bottle of bb's and a speed loader.

Radio
    Spare batteries
    Pyro

Beyond that I'd be thinking about food/ water.

That's what I'd expect tbh.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Most sites play a 600 round limit for your rifleman. That's in as many non-hicap magazines as you can carry.

Very few Mil-Sim events allow you to take speedloaders and loose ammo into the field.

Personally I take 8x 30 round magazines.

As for your loadout, I work with a system of 2 bags. One gets left at the FOB and I take out a daysack with food and water, possibly extra pyro etc in and resupply that back from my main bag when I get the chance.

Other than that, it's not rocket science, I just make sure my radios are easily reached at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        Most sites play a 600 round limit for your rifleman. That's in as many non-hicap magazines as you can carry.

Very few Mil-Sim events allow you to take speedloaders and loose ammo into the field.

Personally I take 8x 30 round magazines.

As for your loadout, I work with a system of 2 bags. One gets left at the FOB and I take out a daysack with food and water, possibly extra pyro etc in and resupply that back from my main bag when I get the chance.

Other than that, it's not rocket science, I just make sure my radios are easily reached at all times.

So you'd be limited to 240 rounds for an entire weekend? Or is that just a 10hr style game?

Seems a little odd, we were all required to carry a sack with 200 spare rounds at just the OTC on fibua training....

What about sniper rifles?
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

You can resupply at your FOB.

Comment

I thought about trying to get into milsim before I realised it probably isn't for me. In my head a FOB is the thing dangling from my car keys not somewhere that I could resupply from

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
              I thought about trying to get into milsim before I realised it probably isn't for me. In my head a FOB is the thing dangling from my car keys not somewhere that I could resupply from
              fob = forward operating base, or regen rofl

Comment

You could feasibly get away with using the same set up as you do with an open day (depending how you run your rig that is). Unless your playing a site with more then a 20-30 minuet walk back to the FOB theres no need to take more then 4-6 mids out (In my opinion). Only other thing I take is essentials such as comms, bombs & water (bottled or hydro pack). I'll take some snacks for those firefight munchies and maybe mission specific items (props, camera etc).

Comment

One thing I would suggest is to try and take on whatever role you have a well as you can and make an effort with the dress, you don't necessarily have to go out and buy stuff but do your best! you'll find a lot of people take stuff out into the field that has basically no use whatsoever but it completes the look. I do this on a normal game day anyway
                  I'm sure you'll find the more you put in the more you'll get out... if you're determined to stick to the minimalist open day approach you may not find it very fun, whereas if you throw yourself in you'll probably thoroughly enjoy yourself! Remember the "Sim" bit of MilSim.. it does borderline reenactment to some extent.

What does it say on the events dress code/loadout requirement section?
                  Fire Team Zulu
                  Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                  http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, i'm thinking of getting a WAS cargo back for hydration and snacks etc. I have 5 x 75 rd mids, might just add a few more of those.

I'm also thinking about running a helmet (don't own one yet) any experience wearing the copies for long periods of time?

Comment

I have a WAS cargo pack, brilliant bit of kit! Well worth it!
                      Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I do try my best to look the part when i play, however funds don't allow everything that i would want.

Comment

Originally posted by CallsignSam View Post
                          however funds don't allow everything that i would want.
                          You can say that again!!!
                          Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I would run the same kit as i play with at a normal skirmish just with the addition of an extra day sack to leave at a base location.

I have a Flyye Map Pack which is the same as a WAS Cargo Pack and is perfect for water and few food bits and extra clothing.
                            TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by CallsignSam View Post
                              Hi guys, just wondering if i could get some advice on the sort of kit that you run for longer, milsim style games, between 12-25 hours.

Info on how many mags (and what capacity), the way you have your kit set up and any other stuff you carry would be really appreciated.
                              Pics would also be good.
                              My milsim kit consists of:

-AK47
                              -Assault vest/Load Bearing Equipment
                              --Four 150rd midcaps
                              --Radio and headset
                              --Remote detonator
                              --Map & Compass
                              --Mini notepad & Pen
                              -Satchel bag
                              --Remote pyro
                              --Standard pyro
                              --Water Bottle & Cup
                              --Binoculars/magnified scope

Then at my FOB
                              -Bergen/day sack
                              --Rations/Food
                              --Spare water
                              --Stove/cooker, mess tin, spork.
                              --Extra Ammo & Speedloader
                              --Spare radio battery
                              --Shelter kit (Poncho, tent pegs, bungees, paracord)
                              --First aid kit (you can take the nurse out of the A&E, but you can't take the A&E out of the nurse!)
                              -If it's an overnight jobby then add in bivvy bag, sleeping bag and ground mat.
                              --Spare glasses/goggles/mask
                              --Cleansing wipes and handrub

I'm no longer a fan of playing tactical buckeroo. If I need it urgently, I carry it. If I need it but not urgently I stow it at my FOB. If I don't need it at all, I don't carry it whatsoever.
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CallsignSam I like to dress up and play army. Find out more about CallsignSam
                              Working...
                              X