Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest rig or molle vest

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get my first rig and I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages of molle chest rigs and molle vests (plate carriers included) are. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Chest rig or molle vest

I got a simple low profile chestrig thats covered in molle should i bother to get pouches. Cost me 25 quid but not from zeroin :p

Theres a helluva lot of choice and it depends if you plan on carrying a lot of gear. I just take mags ammo and small tools on the field with me so i can move about easier and more freely. I can carry a surprising amount with the little rig so what is it you plan to use and carry etc?
    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

This is down to personal choice, there is no best option.

I think chest rigs and vests only become something to consider if you are running mid caps as you will need somewhere to carry them, though a good belt and careful positioning could do ok.

Vests/plate carriers are generally thicker and heavier, good for winter and CQB but they will make you sweat more, they also have more molle space which you will feel like it needs to be full, this can lead you into taking too much stuff which makes you more tired and noisier. Its too tempting when you have pouches and spare space! It does me you can attach small packs, hydration pouches etc and stuff on your back which is hard to reach but good for a buddy system or stuff you need to carry but not have direct access to.

Chest rigs are generally lighter in weight, thinner and have less molle space, great for light weight set ups but you do have to think about what you are taking and how it's set up. Cheaper as well generally.

The other thing to think about is, is there a look you want to replicate and which one will do that best. For some people this is really important.
      sigpic

Comment

Chest rigs will carry 14 mags, a until pouch and a radio pouch along the main bit if you get pouches that hold two mags deep but that's your lot really. Also if you are running cables and camel back hose and stuff the shoulder straps get cluttered which impacts you shouldering your rifle.

MOLLE vests and plate carriers however allow you to rig everything on more securely and won't affect your load when you take it of due to the rigidity. I'll take a PIC of my chest rig later and show you what I mean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If this helps, I plan to use it to carry: 4 mid-cap magazines (M4), a speedloader or two, a few pistol mags, ammo, grenades, and a tool pouch for my phone and stuff like that. That's all for now but it may change.

Comment

You can get rigs for 25 quid that will carry all of that no problem
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Depends if you play CQB or outdoors - I have a plate carrier style molle vest but it's too much for outdoors, so forking out for a belt / chest rig for summer, woodland style play.

CQB you benefit from the extra padding in a molle vest...
              TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

I currently play outdoors in woodland but I'd like to give CQB a go. Still I think I'll try and get a chest rig at first, anyone know who makes good ones? Or anyones to avoid?

Comment

Ive played outdoors and indoors and i found my setup perfect for both. It really is down to what you want though. There is a lot of choice
                  Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Warrior - Great stuff, massive range, not too cheap though.
                    Templar - Warrior with a different label, smaller range, fraction of the cost
                    Viper - cheap, not too good stuff really

Cant comment on on other stuff as i havent used them.

Im currently using a templar vest with warrior pouches.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                      Warrior - Great stuff, massive range, not too cheap though.
                      Templar - Warrior with a different label, smaller range, fraction of the cost
                      Viper - cheap, not too good stuff really

Cant comment on on other stuff as i havent used them.

Im currently using a templar vest with warrior pouches.
                      Im using a bulle light weight chest rig. I had a second hand viper before that and it was just terrible.
                      Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

If you really want to be light, get webbing instead

Comment

Bullet is as good as warrior or templar in my opinion for airsoft, never broke when I have used it in the past.

This is my rig.

uploadfromtaptalk1366736614427.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I had a bulle admin panel about 4 years ago, the popper broke first time.

May be better quality now though

Comment

What about condor?
                              What about flyye?
                              Are they any good?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
                              Working...
                              X