• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Geardo!!!

Totally class need to get it on my phone

Comment

Isn't it worth every penny if you have the skills to back up your looks? For months to come the lesser players will look on in awe at you in the safe zone whispering murmurs of "that's him", "I hope I am on his team", "some say.. he once caught a bb in the teeth...". I automatically assume the above when I see geardo's, but unfortunately I normally find out that the gear is all they have to show for themselves.

Comment

Now whats that phrase I've heard used so many times.....hmmmmm....ponders....arrrgh....that's it....

All the gear no idea
        Last edited by North West Outpost; 17 February, 2010, 17:57. Reason: spelling
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

he he i see it around, i think the only thing worse than yank based geardoism (not that its bad in the first place, each to thier own) and thats the current fad of magpul fanboys, or "chris costa clones" getting ridiculous useless foregrips and magpul ipod covers etc etc. grips me man, turning warfare into a fasion show.
          Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
            hey! its shadows "gucci" ACU loadout
            /joke

You really don't know how close you are there...

what makes it worse is the capitalisim of firms selling this crap...
            Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by jockjay View Post
              he he i see it around, i think the only thing worse than yank based geardoism (not that its bad in the first place, each to thier own) and thats the current fad of magpul fanboys, or "chris costa clones" getting ridiculous useless foregrips and magpul ipod covers etc etc. grips me man, turning warfare into a fasion show.
              Have to say its not all about fashionable, I own a Magpul MOE, I actually really enjoy the aesthetics and design of everything on it. Its very lightweight, very robust and I like how it looks too. I especially like the UBR stock as I can set it up to my personal taste in distance (unlike a fixed stock) and not have it rattle about like a slider. Im not up there with the ridiculous levels of fanboyism of a lot of yanks on arnies who do real steel AR shooting as hobbies but having seen some of their techniques on youtube and having tried some of their kit there is a fair amount of sense in a lot of what they teach/design.

Do agree with you about the AFG though, tried it and couldn't get on with it but apparently its much easier to use on long guns.

Comment

Originally posted by jockjay View Post
                I used to like seeing m4s kitted out with magpul accessories, but I've just got so sick of seeing them that I've gone off them. I prefer the plain M4s nowadays.
                Originally posted by fijitstiks
                they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                Originally posted by N3ADS
                Is this you talking from experience ?..
                i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                  I used to like seeing m4s kitted out with magpul accessories, but I've just got so sick of seeing them that I've gone off them. I prefer the plain M4s nowadays.
                  I think there is a time and a place for magpul. Tho I do agree its very refreshing to see M4's with minimul upgrades on.

Curtis

Comment

always said i prefer more milspec sopmod kind m4s to the magpul tarts that are on youtube at the moment. but i love the masada :S haha

Comment

Ironic as the masada is probably the most pointless and overrated real-steel project magpul have been involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                        the masada is probably the most pointless and overrated real-steel project magpul have been involved in.
                        I will definately agree with that
                        they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                        Originally posted by N3ADS
                        Is this you talking from experience ?..
                        i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Probably not really magpul's fault as their original design has been dicked around majorly by Remington, but the real rifle is ridiculously expensive for what it is and there are many many similar rifles that offer as-good-as performance for a fraction of the cost.

Magpuls actual gun accessories- MOE systems, UBR/ACS stocks, AFG, slings, etc are products of a genuinely interesting (IMHO) new line of thinking in improving how to shoot and I think there's a lot to say for their way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            Thanks

Comment

i got those oakley gloves because soap mactavish wears them...

other than that, and the multicam i have given in to, mine is all about practicality. :p

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Multicam is very practical.

I could not care less that its Multicam or its Multicam brand or that some spec ops people use it. They use it because it works. So do I.

I would use it if it became the new uniform of the Iraqi Police. I do not care who uses it. It works.

People keep sneering at anything thats not Olive or DPM at some of the sites I visit.

I do not care.

Lets just say, I turned up at my local site with Multicam and a few months later there were half a dozen players with it...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ratty1968 Find out more about ratty1968
                                Working...
                                X