Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best position for a scope

Hello,

Just wanted some advise to where is best to put a scope. I have a G36c TM. at the moment my red dot is at the back of the gun.. where is the best position???

Have yet to zero this in, as its been dark by the time I get in from work!!

Cheers in advance!!
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: best position for a scope

On your gun?? lol in all seriousness where ever you feel it is most comfortable to look down and aim, Some scopes have to be right at the back of the rail due to poor eye relief, some like holo sights can be half way down. Just put it in the place that feels most comfortable to you for looking down and aiming.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

3 inches from your eye.

EDIT: Should explain, 3 inches is a standard distance from scope to your eye, many target shooters will back me up on this.

Comment

Depends on if it's magnified or not. If it's magnified, you want it as close to your eye as you can comfortably get. If it's non magnified, assuming the optics are reasonably good, the further forward the better as it won't interfere with your peripheral vision so much.
        sigpic

Comment

Just going by what I was taught at the gunclub, i've been running a 3-9x40 on my .177 sporter at 3" comfortably for a while now.

Comment

its not magnified.. at the mo i guess its about 3-4 inches away from my eye... not been able to have a proper play with it yet, due to lack of light.. ill try it forward a bit more
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Further away is better because it allows for better peripheral vision. It will however make your AEG front heavy, especially if you're using a G36c with the battery in the foregrip. I have found snap aiming can be a bit of a pain when the site is further from my eye though, as it takes longer for the site to be level with your eye. But I guess that depends if you use the thing or not :P

To be blunt, you're unlikely to use the thing for anything more than aesthetics so just mount it where it is comfortable and practical (and looks cool too!).
              Does not speak moron.

Comment

aye - non magnified should be a reasonable distance from your eye. 4-5 inches is ok.

as intervention said - a magnified scope should be around 2-3 inches away from your eye as this is the distance which it is focused at - ie you get the whole picture with no black.

mac
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

it depends on the gun personaly obviously you have to have the eye relief right but i also have different views on the scope looking nicer further forward/back depending on the gun because im a nancy.

Or you could just have such a big scope you can only put it in one position.

Comment

Put a bi-pod on that mother and you have yourself a decent support weapon there.

Comment

i would just put it where it feels most comfortable to aim and, hit a target most importantly
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 13 February, 2010, 18:02.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                      Working...
                      X