Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which plate carrier

Hi all

Im going for a UK special forces look and have seen 2 carriers i like the look of.
    But which is best?

1 is a WAS ricas in OD and the other a RAV by a Hong Kong company called Royal=++=+

Which one would be best as i have no reviews to go on for Hk outfit.

Cheers Mark

Re: Which plate carrier

RAV is what you're looking for buddy, not the RICAS.

Comment

Well they both look similar so as long as you aren't looking for a pure clone of a paraclete then I'd go with the Warrior everyday; UK aftersales, proven quality, and Warrior do a tonne of pouches as well so you can keep the colour tone matching...
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Thanks Guys i know the RAV is what the real guys wear just unsure of the quality of the copy.
        On the other hand the warrior looks good quality

Comment

5 year operational guarantee against defects caused by normal wear and tear.

Why would you bother with a clone?

Comment

Which clone? It's arguable that WAS are in fact cloners, as they're manufactured in China (albeit - alledgedly - designed in the UK), and they've done nothing original whatsoever, they've nicked all their ideas from other companies.

Comment

WAS are pretty much a clone company, but there is no risk with QC as they mainly supply to service personnel. Whereas china clones are probably only designed for airsoft at best, unless there is a reliable review on one, I wouldn't bother...

However, the WAS isn't a full 'clone' as it borrows from a few different vests... More of a 'pastiche of high end'... But, beats paying £400 for true real steel!
              Originally posted by Walter Gropius
              If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

And the WAS stuff is made from decent materials.

The 901 I think is still their most popular chest rig, that has been copied so many times now its unreal.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Worded that wrong I suppose.

But what cheapo China Airsoft vest/rig gives you that sort of warranty?

And Warrior kit is great quality anyway

Comment

If you want to pay less than warrior templar clone their stuff and is fit for airsoft but compare the two and the MOLLE loops aren't as regular, the buckles are cheap but other than that it is very reasonable kit for what we do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

You want a RAV for a UKSF look, hands down. However, I'd look elsewhere for one, rather than RT.

Flyye do one for around 150 new or you can search for either Pantac/Guarder copies second hand or just bite the bullet and get a Paraclete.

Isn't the RICAS a copy of the Eagle CIRAS for those talking about clones above? I mean, good quality yes but it's still a clone...

Comment

Weren't a few of "them" spotted wearing WAS gear? It's not unknown for SFSG to have been spotted wearing RICAS systems.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

And they have a sale on at the moment and can get one with a load of pouches for £80 - 90 id hands down go for WAS. LOve my vest from them great quality be it a clone or not i cant fault it

Comment

This plate carrier
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I like that. Not MOLLE though...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spiket4 Find out more about spiket4
                              Working...
                              X