Alternatives to multicam/mtp to go with a tan plate carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to multicam/mtp to go with a tan plate carrier

It's pretty much all set out in the title. After years of wearing multicam i'm finally tired of it, but having only recently shelled out for a coyote tan plate carrier and belt rig i'd rather not have to change my entire loadout. Now i'm not looking for something wildly unique, just a not multicam, but i'm struggling to find any picture sources of loadouts that use a tan gear over non-multicam uniform. I was tempted by the idea of AOR1, but as I can't seem to find it anywhere other than cheap chinese replica from overseas I think i'll give that a miss.
    Does anyone have any ideas, and preferably pictures, of non-multicam loadouts using a tan plate carrier/vest/etc? I have been toying with the idea of tan trousers and a navy coloured shirt, but couldn't find any photos to suggest whether this is a good idea or not.
    Any helpful sources/examples would be welcome

Re: Alternatives to multicam/mtp to go with a tan plate carrier

Normal desert fatigues?

DPM / US BDU's?

Depends on what you're after.

Comment

I've never really liked the look of desert dpm, and regular dpm wouldn't go well with a tan plate carrier at all.

Comment

This looks pretty good

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4384/seal30ut.jpg

(guy with white trousers)

Comment

Originally posted by Someshot View Post
          I've never really liked the look of desert dpm, and regular dpm wouldn't go well with a tan plate carrier at all.
          Tan goes great with dpm's I think, Dutch special forces use that combo

Comment

Hm, i'd never actually seen a decent photo of them both being used together, it does work a lot better than I thought it would.

Comment

This should do you perfectly;

Only 500 made and still available!
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

That's a Gucci ubacs if ever I saw one

Comment

ATacs AU Trousers with Grey or Tan Top Layer?

Comment

US Desert Tiger Stripe?
                    Attached Files

Comment

i use woodland marpat witch is comprised of quite a lot of coyote brown and that works.

maybe get something a little different like Swedish M90 pattern

Comment

I'd second Desert Tigerstripe. Quality camo in my experience. Cheap as well - just over 30 quid for BDUs. A few of the guys at my regular site use ABU as well - don't see it all that much and looks good with Tan.
                        "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I am quite tempted by the desert tiger stripe, I think the only thing holding me back at the moment is I can't seem to find a tiger stripe UBACS, does such a thing exist?

Comment

They do exist but they're nowhere near as cheap and have to be imported from HK. Can't tell you where from obviously but if you Google "Desert Tiger Combat Shirt" it should help.
                            "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I think ACU works brilliantly with tan, and no-one wears it either.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Someshot Find out more about Someshot
                              Working...
                              X