Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belt vs chest rig vs webbing

alright guys (and gals?)

for the last few weeks i've been trawling through all the different load carrying stuff. and for the life of my cant decide which i want.

all i know, is its probably gonna have to be molle, so i can get pouches to fit my 7.62 g3 mags in.

i've found a belt + suspender which is my current fav to buy, since i can still lay down with it, and attach a fair bit, but not as much as say a combat vest.
    i've found a fair few difffernt options on the bay of E. namely these 3:

"Molle Panel Platform Waist Belt Suspender"
    "USMC Airsoft Molle Hydration Combat Carrier Vest"
    "US Army Delta Elite Seal Molle Hydration Combat Vest"

what are your personal favorites?

note: i'm not goin for a particular look, but it'd be in OD, DPM or black. (and i guess its ok to name the item, but not link?)

Re: belt vs chest rig vs webbing

Webbing is good, but it's essentially belt kit.

Everything is on your waist, so when you need to get down and crawl, you don't have mags and pouches on yuor chest getting in the way.

My only issue with webbing is that it's pointless unless you're out for long periods of time, as that is what it was designed for.

Combat order gear is ideal for airsoft :

Vests, chest rigs and ofcourse, Molle belt rigs.

I highley recommend getting a molle belt and suspender system, and only add what you need.

Comment

You need to take a look at what you actually need to use from game to game, you'll probably find that the molle belt and suspenders will be the best for normal games and to avoid having the temptation to carry more than you need

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Exactly.

Unless it's part of your loadout, then there's not much point going for webbing unless you really need to carry all that gear.

Molle is the way to go for short games (Assault order)

Comment

To put an example I decided it would be a brilliant idea to cover my RICAS in as many pouches as possible so I could be prepared for anything, as I had the space for it. Needless to say it was an epic fail.

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

cheers. thats confirmed what i was thinking anyway belt order it is!

i only really intend to carry 5-6 midcaps. some water, and spare bb's + speedloader. since thats all you really need for a days skirmish at GZW

Comment

You can easily get that all onto a belt kit, though for the water it may be an idea to look at getting a camelbak?

Comment

i'm gettin a camelback anyway cos i'm going hiking for a week or so later in the year. so i'll just wear that aswell.

Comment

there is an advantage to a plate carrier set up in that you soft fleshy belly is covered and protected
                  or in my case the overly large fleshy area is restrained

i do agree with the above - only carry what you need

the best webbing i have used - and i have have a go with most types in the shot time i have been playing - is the M56 webbing

american VN era stuff

i can carry 6 x M4 mags and 4 grenades and a water bottle and ETool and bum bag

it is light and functional and really comfy

Comment

I have to agree with above, my Nam webbing is the most comfortable ive used and has loads of room

For normal games I wear a warrior dar chest rig as I like its built in mag pouch so I have plenty of room for other bits (nade pouches and a utility pouch to dump mags in)

For cqb games I wear my chest rig for long games or a vest most of the time when I don't need so many mags and also it provides you with a bit of padding from shots on the bulk of your main hit area

Comment

A claymore bag with some mags and a bag of BBs. All you need!
                      Good evening... Infidelllll!

Comment

I finally got around to getting myself a Condor Battle Belt and Harness Rig with enough to carry 6 mags, utility and dump pouch, with room for more. The beauty is drop legs are just a purchase away which is another 8 mags if required. High speed and maneuverability retained.

Comment

End of the day, its all down to personal peference. I like webbing and MOLLE Vests, but I'm not a fan of chest rigs that much.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

see ive always do that, when im thinking of what to put on my molle im always thinking of 8 double mag pouches, radio pouch, claymore pouch and possibly a holster.... too much :P
                            If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

My basic 2 cents worth from using all types in the military is as follows:

Belt/suspender kit - Alot of weight around waist area. Makes running hard especially when it starts swinging as you run! You can hang a thigh holster of it though.

Chest rigs: Great for mounted work (Vehicles). Hard to lay flat on the ground to avoid incoming fire/hide, etc. No thigh holster option, but usually can have one built in.

Vest webbing: Best option I feel, especially if it has removeable pouches as you can swap it around for various magazine types, or even to fit belt ammo for guns. South African is a good basic setup. Usually have option of built in holster or a belt can be fitted to bottom for a thigh holster.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
                              Working...
                              X