X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bye bye ACU

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
    Actually, your article only states that they were going to start looking at a replacement, rather than actually replacing it, which doesn't necessarily mean it was going to be replaced
    Originally posted by crotmate View Post
    They are not the same. The second link states that the army are looking at multicam, but what it doesnt say is that they were looking at about 6 camouflage patterns including multicam. The first link states that they have approved a plan to field multicam.
    Perhaps the opinions of 2 people will cause you to read the article before posting next time.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

i wasnt having a go actually. i was stating that i had heard of this before. and thinking back there was a thread on here about it too. so dont go getting your pantys in a twist

Comment

Youve come out the gate looking for a fight here when there really isnt one to be had... Crotmate's right, while the new camo program was brought in six months ago, ACU wasn't even by any means dumped (it was two of the six being evaluated in two similar patterns). This is news.

Comment

acu is great because everybody who is trying to kill you cant because they laughing so much because of the camo hehe

but seriously it took them a while

Comment

UCP doesn't work that bad in Afghanistan, oddly enough. It certainly doesn't hold up too well at close ranges in woodland, thus making it impractical for airsoft, but as far as desert/urban/rocky environments go, it hardly seems like the worst solution.

Ultimately, UCP is designed to be effective at longer ranges (200 meters), beyond which the pattern is designed not so much to blend in so much as break up the human shape. Other camouflage patterns that do this even more violently have been designed, and they don't look like they'd blend into anything.

My only concern is that now the army's gonna have to mix and match all their equipment (particularly considering how everything is made in UCP) as they switch over. And they were only just recently getting rid of the older woodland stuff.

Comment

i wasnt actually spetz i was saying what i thought was true , that acu had been ordered to be replaced 6 months ago which is what i take is ditched.

anyway back to the subject. under harsh sunlight acu really does look like a light tan. while multicam looks more of a beige. there was a documentry on youtube with 101st and rangers i think where they were on a join task where as the 101st had acu and the ranger already had multicam. multicam seemed to work a tad bit better in the desert conditions.

and if they do mix and match. i would either be tempted to private purchase kit of whack a bit of dye on it already , but there is already soldiers that mix and match they have private bought multicams under the acu lbv and armour

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crotmate Find out more about crotmate
              Working...
              X