Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Oakley SI Assault Glove or Mechanix M-Pact New Version Gloves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakley SI Assault Glove or Mechanix M-Pact New Version Gloves...

My WAS Firestorm gloves have served very well but they're getting on a bit and so looking at a new pair..

The Oakley SI Assault Glove and the New Version of the Mechanix M-Pact are the two I've narrowed it down to and wondering if anyone who has any experience with the two could lend a hand.. apart from airsofting I'm also intending to use them for other outdoors activities so need to be very hard wearing.

Thanks in advance
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Re: Oakley SI Assault Glove or Mechanix M-Pact New Version Gloves...

If you plan to use them for stuff other than airsofting I recommend the Mechanix Originals. I have 2 sets and for £20 they can't be beat IMO.

Comment

I've snowboarded for the last four years using my Oakley Assault Gloves - they've held up well
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Have two pairs of the oakleys since they were so popular for a while, never got along with them. It's going to be a subjective thing but I really do not like the oakleys at all these days, I've had problems with the ends of the fingers getting jammed between the tip of the trigger and trigger guard on my TM SCAR before now which would cause a stoppage, never had that with any other glove. In my experience; not enough ventilation and too thick for the summer, hands get extremely hot and sweaty. But they do have small vent holes on the fingers which made them pointless in the winter. I found the carbon knuckle piece inhibits dexterity vs other designs while being more protection than is really necessary for airsoft.

I currently use 3 pairs of Mechanix. Originals for RS training and airsoft skirmishing in the warmer months, simple and excellent all round. M-PACTs acquired recently, impressive quality. I also have a pair of imported 'Winter Armor Pro' gloves from them which I wear all day for every day of winter in work. They see extremely hard use, picking up sharp edged metal and rough finished wooden boxes all day in the wet and cold for months on end, still going extremely strong. For general outdoor use I'd strongly recommend looking outside Mechanix' tactical line, they do a lot of other stuff that'd be built to a more rugged standard but also work for airsoft.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I've got both gloves, and much prefer the Mechanix M-pact gloves. They're more flexible and have stood up to a lot of abuse, both Airsoft and with the Army. I'd heartily recommend them
          "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

My Oakley SI gloves are ripped already but I have some mechanix gloves from over 10years ago that are still going strong!

Comment

I have just got some TMC Si clones. Are comfortable but not fielded them yet.

Construction seems very good. I read time and time again that the Oakleys are not worth the price tag as many people seemed to think the clones are better made and last longer.
              TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickona Find out more about Nickona
              Working...
              X