This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrim Scarf

After deciding I want to buy a Shemagh and Scrim Scarf, I googled how to wear/tie them.
    I found plenty of guides to tying a Shemagh, but nothing on Scrims

so how do you do yours ?

Re: Scrim Scarf

I just wrapped mine around my neck and tied it at the back, I figure you can use them pretty much the same as a shemagh

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Steve, my mate made a shemagh(spelling?), he pushed a this piece of aluminium through a sewn part, so he can model it to his face and he sewed on ties for the back, was very good. I can try and get pics if you want them.
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

scrims just like a normal scarf
        Originally posted by Teddykiller
        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

yeah, i usually tie mine like a normal scarf but i find that it can be too short for this. So, anyway possible really, as long as its secure
          BOOM!

Comment

as above

but with either of these items it really is personal choice,

scrim i find a wide range of uses for though usually i find just folding it into a long strip and tying around neck with both ends tied through the other around the front and the ends stuck my jacket to keep it tidy till i need it. its a decent comforter and neck protector.

have used scrim scarf to cover my WW2 para beret in games as the red beret stands out a touch to much otherwise

then i also find its a useful veil when needed to blend my face some times. all roud a good bit of kit though i tend to lean toward my Shemagh most of the time as i can use it for all of the above and also full face protection at a push.( though i never found a guide online that was any use on how to tie this, had to resort to asking a work collegue how it was traditionaly for that terorrist look luckily he didnt take offence and showed me a nice way of fastening it good and tidy while been tight and well fitted)

Comment

Once you get the hang of tying a shemagh it's really easy. Just make sure you get a decent one that's big enough.

Comment

Steve,

I started with a Shemagh, which is pretty good, but it has some disadvantages.
                When it's warm you can get too hot and sometimes needs adjusting to saty on, particulary if you need to waer it loose.

One of our organisers is ex-para and wears his ancient one that he simply wraps around like the first part of tying a tie, then just tuck it into your smock or jacket.
                ie hang around your neck, then just pull one end under and over...done.
                Because it's scrim. it's sort of self gripping and whether you set it tight or loose, it stays in place and yes, you can use as a face veil for extra cover when in OP role.

After a couple of games using a Shemagh, I now always use my scrim scarf. It's quick, it's easy, it's versatile and bundles into your smock pocket when not required.
                Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

Maybe I will just buy a Scrim then

Comment

i've seen lots of different ways of tying shemaghs, and often i see other players struggling to keep them on. i've found a few lying around after being dropped, and my two friends who wear them often get tangled in the messy knot they've made.

the way i do it is simple and works really well. i do mine a little like a neckerchief.
                    1. i fold the square in half, into a triangle. like a bandana.
                    2. pulling the hypotenuse of the triangle against my neck, so that one corner dangles down, i cross the two ends across the back of my neck.
                    3. i bring the two ends back around the front and tie them in a simple knot.
                    4. but i then tuck this knot down behind the large cornered portion so that it can't be seen, and is unlikely to unravel.

basically no knot hangs in front or behind this way. the larger portion of the shemagh protects the front of your neck, and the back can be adjusted to do the same accordingly. the front can also be pulled up over your mouth if necessary.

easy! i don't see why more people don't do it!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

steve - do you want to wear the shemagh like a scarf or as a full face cover?

I bought mine about 2 years ago when I joined the OTC - and have worn it just about every day since. keeps you warm in the cold and the sun off your neck in the warm.

couldnotthinkofaname - can you post pics of that mate - I get the impression you mean like a face protector thing.

sounds like a good idea.

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

both, but know how to do the full head cover, did think ther was a second way of wearing one

Comment

[QUOTE=drmike;291404]Steve,

One of our organisers is ex-para and wears his ancient one that he simply wraps around like the first part of tying a tie, then just tuck it into your smock or jacket.
                          ie hang around your neck, then just pull one end under and over...done.
                          Because it's scrim. it's sort of self gripping and whether you set it tight or loose, it stays in place and yes, you can use as a face veil for extra cover when in OP role.

Steve, drmike is spot on with the scrim net, that is how our forces wear them, not gathered together but first folded a few times to the size of a scarf.
                          kingdad

Comment

cheers for the info me please close

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X