Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Warrior RICAS Original or RICAS Compact - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior RICAS Original or RICAS Compact - Opinions?

I know there is an old similar thread to this, but it didn't quite give me what I wanted. I have a Warrior 901 chest rig, but I also want a plate carrier now too. I use mainly PMC style loadouts (so no camo patterns) and as this is the UK I favour OD. Since Warrior don't do OD anymore I'm looking for second hand.

I assumed that the Compact was an updated, and therefore better, version of the original RICAS because Warrior seemed to replace one with the other, but I now see this is not the case (the name 'compact' should have given me a clue!).

I just missed out on a Compact that I was going to buy, but have seen originals for sale. Should I just buy an original, or is there any case for saying: 'no, the compact is much better, wait for one of them!' And if so, why?

If it helps, I'm about 5'11, 35 inch waist and 45 inch chest.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Warrior RICAS Original or RICAS Compact - Opinions?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but are warrior not starting to starting to produce OD again?

Comment

The compact vs standard is more about height, as the biggest different between the two is the shoulder straps and Molle rows. The original has 1 extra row.

Personally, I've got a DCS and thinks its the nuts. It holds just what I want and has no extra material to risk getting in the way, but it is very small.

Your size, I'd old out for a compact!

Comment

I'm pretty much the same build as you.. And my compact is bootiful!

Comment

Originally posted by CallsignSam View Post
          Please correct me if i'm wrong, but are warrior not starting to starting to produce OD again?

I think Longshot may have looked online, where the sole distributor is currently undergoing a website revamp and has a 'coming soon' page up on the OD products

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            I think Longshot may have looked online, where the sole distributor is currently undergoing a website revamp and has a 'coming soon' page up on the OD products
            I did indeed! I remember them having a different page that you used to be able to just choose the type of rig from and then drop down for colour options. Now they just separate by colour, and all they currently seem to have is Multicam, Coyote Tan and two types of ATACs. I quite like Coyote Tan, but I already have tons of OD pouches!

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

the standard ricas offer's more coverage, however it is very long and rectangular, the compact is more cut to your body's shape but dosent offer as much protection, they are the same to be honest jut go for what you like the look of

Comment

All i would say is that plate carriers can get very hot when running about with lots of gear on them. Sometimes less coverage and more ventilation is better seeing as you don't need the extra ballistic protection

Comment

^ That's what I've got my 901 for. It's a nice, light open back chest rig, but I want something with a bit more molle all round, particularly on the back. I also just want a different look sometimes!

Comment

I have owned the full and currently own the comp.
                    I sold my full length to get a compact as i really liked the look of it and the fact that you can easly open the sides to make it easyer to put on insted of having to put it on over your head.
                    That said, i really did like the feel of the long and in somways found it more confertable as you can put the pouches lower and therefore your center of graverty sits lower making the whole rig more ballanced.
                    See if you can try them both out before you by to get a feel for which you prefer

Comment

I am roughly the same size as you, and I have the compact, it sits quite high, but I find that comfortable as I have a slight beer belly, I don't overload it either and that helps, if your the type who carries shed loads of kit, then go for the full size.

Comment

As others have said the comp is shorter but not to short (although I'm 5'10) there is plenty of real estate on it though I've got 6 M4 mag shingles a double pistol mag pouch, medic pouch, med utility, cargo pack, radio pouch and admin panel on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right, I have a Compact on the way. If I don't like it I'm blaming all of you.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                            Working...
                            X