Can you guys help identify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys help identify?

Got a susat in with a deal recently of a militaria dealer. Not sure if its just dead and too dense to find where the battery goes for the illuminated obelisk or if i have hit gold and stumbled on a "dead" real susat. Heres some pics hope you guys can help. If any specific more helpful pics are needed just let me know
    Attached Files

Looks real to me.

They don't have batteries, the sight post is radioactive and lasts about seven years so it may just have expired but still a nice find.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Can you guys help identify?

yep, looks real, as stated before the sight post has a tritium insert which makes it glow. Unfortunately they do wear out.

Comment

Re: Can you guys help identify?

In the picture of the base of the sight there is a grid with 12 numbers.

As you look at the photo, just below the 12 there is a knurled wheel. This is the on / off switch.

Wait until it is dark of you can find a dark place (pitch black dark) and look through the sight with the wheel in both positions. The tip of the aiming should have a orange ish hue to it. It will not light up like battery powered reticule s, it will just be a bit more visible at low lights.

The reason i say to do this in pitch black is because even if the radioactive part of it has depleted, it is rare that they completely die so you should at least have an answer.

Comment

Yeah there is a bit of a glow but very very very dim, there seems to be a loose lens in it as it has a little judder when sighting.... its not really much use to me as I use aimpoint on my scar and don't have an sa80 to do it justice (yet lol) what would you guys value it as or shall I stick up an appraisal thread

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
          Working...
          X