This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwater/PMC look

Alright lads, im looking for something different as 9/10 people at the club sites I go too wear all DPM and im looking too go for something alot different. Im after a Blackwater contractor loadout, I want people too think wait, is he in civvies or is this his loadout, ive seen a few pics of blackwater contractors and other PMC's and gonna draw what I can from them. I quiete liked the black trousers, black t shirt and black assault vest look ive seen on blackwater contractors but it all looks a bit uniform to me I wan something more rag tag jeans and what not, any ideas are much appreciated lads and now I have my camera sorted I will post pics when I have it all put together,

cheers in advance

Re: Blackwater/PMC look

Welcome to 2008
    This year most of the geardos will be donning the "PMC loadout"
    The basic look is achievable by most by just donning a pair of jeans, t-shirt with a cool logo or slogan and a tactical vest over the top.
    To properly pull off the look this years geardo will need to wear "tactical civvi" clothing from the likes of 5.11, under armour etc. and spend hour upon hour on internet forums debating weather or not he can wear camo in his PMC look.
    For tactical gear the PMC geardo will need to wear body armour rated to stop rifle rounds with a light weight chest rig over the top or low profile armour with a plate carrier over the top. The chest rig/plate carrier will have to be configured to carry enough ammo for a battalion but also so it can be worn comfortably while sat in an SUV.
    Gucci kit which would cost an infantry soldier 3 months wages is also a must to show how well off you are from completing your contracts.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I've seen lots of "how am look PMC?" threads all over the forums for many years now.
    The basics are in that post, just look tactical civvi and try avoiding anything which screams military such as camouflaged or issued armour.
    If you head over to arnies they have 3 PMC threads (two closed after they got to about 100 pages) and the current one is 80+ pages, you'll find the info there.

Comment

I'm not going to go into what to get, Evansy summed it up pretty well and I doubt I could be any more help.

However I'm going to raise a point about Blackwater. Have you researched them and there recent activities? Personally I would not want to be trying to 'represent' a group that has such a poor record and extreme views as Blackwater holds incase others believe I held the same, or deemed there actions acceptable. True, Blackwater no longer exists as Blackwater, having undergone a logo change, then complete rebranding to become Xe, but what they have done remains. For me it would be akin to dressing as SS.

The above is why I decided not to label my Merc/PMC loadout 'Blackwater'.

This is only my opinion tho.

Comment

dude just use the search there was a masive thread on this lots of great info just a heads up as you appaer new

Joe

edit: here is the thread
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ghlight=marpat

Comment

indeed, blackwater is one messed up company :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68jAnTh18TY

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

Blackwater has now it changed it name to 'Xe'.

Comment

Nice useful post there, Krayzee, that was said 3 posts above you!

I've seen lots of people using a PMC style of loadout and the most effective ones are where the person isn't trying too hard. In the real world, most contractors just throw on the same clothes as they've been wearing for the last few days and don't go for too much of a corporate look (except with companies like Blackwater, but most are staying away from this now due to bad associations). When you're comfortable, you're more able to react quickly, so they go for what works, not what looks good. Jeans, polo shirt, hiking boots, plate carrier and baseball cap should do it.
              sigpic

Comment

i have some teamates that have tried out a pmc loadout, they just put jeans and and a black t shirt under there normal assault vests, looks pretty good but jeans can get ripped up pretty quickly

Comment

this guy i play with, and his team, have pretty cool loadouts. they look really comfortable and gucci.

i see a lot of people over here wearing blackwater, and so i often have a polite chat with them. i ask them if they understand what they represent when they wear blackwater stuff. i try to make them aware of the atrocities bw have caused, and not to ignore the terrible things they represent just because they look cool.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Most PMC companies, large and small will go for the same basic unifrom.
                    Tan craghoppers/5.11 trousers
                    Dark coloured polo shirt
                    Plate carrier.
                    AK47
                    Glock 17

Close friend of mine recently left the army and headed into the PMC world so my info is straight from the horses mouth however PMC is a very wide term. A PMC in Britain will look very different to one working in Afghan or Iraq for example and a PMC working for a specific company will look different to someone hired more privately. Your best bet however is go to google images and type private military contractor in. The results are your answer.
                    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Most airsoft games dont have innocent villagers you can execute so i cant see how you can pull off the "innocent blood on hands" look really????

Comment

lol, gun down people in the safe zone!

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

i think we should change our terminology altogether, and leave out the affiliation to PMC groups. they're not all bad, but there's enough of them doing pretty terrible things. a few airsoft players have controversially tried a 'terrorist' loadout, but most people don't because it's a little disrespectful. maybe some people feel the same way about PMC simulation.

i reckon we should change it to 'this is my casual, confortable airsoft loudout that isn't supposed to resemble any specific military force, but still looks very cool.'

too much of a mouthful?

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I don't see why PMC should be an issue. Both brit and US soldiers have had controvesy surrounding their actions. Torturing innocent people etc etc.

End of the day you get bad eggs in all walks of life.

My view is we all find it acceptable for people to wear German ww2 loadouts so why an earth is PMC suddenly getting bad mouthed?
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Well said roxy. As long as your comfortable with what you wear... that's my dig.

ARMOURY TM Socom M14, G&G M14, G&P M4 Tank, TM M4A1, M4 MRE, Balckwater 1911 CO2, KJW G32, HK3P G17

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Operator Find out more about Delta Operator
                              Working...
                              X