Taping gear/guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taping gear/guns

I'm after some tape, preferably (non-shiny) Olive/OD in colour to use in taping up my gear, using on mags and for 'camo' on my M16 etc but ideally don't want to be leaving any horrible residue on the various materials (plastic, metal, nylon etc). Can anyone suggest any tape suitable for this? I know retailer links are a no no, but if a particular tape make or site springs to mind would really appreciate a pm. cheers!

And before anyone asks this is NOT for taping up/disguising a two-tone! :D

Re: Taping gear/guns

Google CamoForm and see if you are interested. I have one of these in woodland (WL has a bit too much tan colour) and I like it. Basically it's a tape that attaches to itself, and therefore leaving no residue whatsoever. It also gives an excellent grip because it's kinda rubbery. Not 100% sure tho if it comes in OD.

Comment

I find the above tape not be as good as "sniper tape" just google uk sites with Sniper tape its available in Tan and Green, the tan really needs painting after applying as its not shiny but hasnt got a great colour but the green is good. It is designed not to leave residue and touchwood all my guns are residue free.

Comment

i used to use silicone rescue tape to temporarily secure mags together for quick reloading and also used it to strap a mag light to my mp5 once. Good thing is it doesent leave any sticky marks you can pick this up from cadet direct i think.

Comment

I want get some OD tape for my rifle, saves spending money on OD parts or having to spray paint it, which knowing me would end up going horribly wrong.
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Well the good thing about the sniper tape is you can easily spray it and when it comes off voila, nice clean gun underneath.

Comment

Or try hockey grip tape works for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thrash gordon Find out more about thrash gordon
              Working...
              X