Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Alpenflage, Swiss kit from the 80s. Anyone ever used it for airsofting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpenflage, Swiss kit from the 80s. Anyone ever used it for airsofting?

I remember in the 80s this stuff was rarer than panda spunk and then when the wall came down and the swiss changed to a less 'garish' pattern you could get full sets for £30.

I recently got a set for a few quid and thought I might give it a try at an open day. has anyone used it?

It looks like it shouldnt work at all when you see it in the house but when you see pics of swiss soldiers in the woods it works really well, if the red tones were muted it wouldnt be a million miles off current multicam styles with light greens, blacks and flecks of white over a tan base.

It's also an odd weight though, i've got two sets, a really lightweight BDU cut uniform and a much heavier combat smock and trousers with waterproof elbow and knee pads, this is a quite a heavy jacket but i do like the fact the hood has a sniper veil built in.

So... i know it looks like a pizza but has anyone actually used it to skirmish and what did you reckon to it?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Au519lraRf...penflage+5.jpg

Re: Alpenflage, Swiss kit from the 80s. Anyone ever used it for airsofting?

Can't say i've ever used them for airsofting, but the lightweight trousers are amazing for rock climbing. And against crags, they camouflage pretty well, actually.

Comment

heya bud my team using them at the moment
      im knocking a pair of them up in ubacs!
      its great stuff! and while still cheap is getting thin on the ground! which is a pity cos it rocks
      good for general use as well

i was actually beggining to think it was not used at all anywhere else but nice to see someone else has twigged the idea!

Comment

Alpenflage was my first camonin airsoft as i got a shirt trousers and belt for about 15 quid lol have a few pics of me wearing it

Comment

Would you be talking about 'Leibermuster'? http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00014.php

Comment

It's not a common pattern in airsoft circles (what with fashion and all) but I have seen it used in the field, works reasonsbly well in early spring, late autumn, early winter, one bloke used to use it when cerberus were running the earth center, the heavy weight stuff is more a winter uniform (as this lad found out the hard way).

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
            Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by FarCanalMan View Post
              Would you be talking about 'Leibermuster'? http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00014.php

Yep although most collectors i know call it alpenflage to distinguish it from the czech and german liebermuster versions.

Comment

DSCF2042.jpg

Bit of a rehash on this thread but I just got myself some Alpenflage, after loving the look of it for a while and no one uses it local to me. Currently though, I am running the BDU trousers and field shirt with the 'vintage' parka which is a bit mix and match, as my trousers are unissued and very dark in colour, whereas the parka is very faded and worn. The load bearing system I have is unissued so the coloring is very bright as well. I am looking to get a set of the 'vintage' trousers, with the braces but they don't come anything close to my size. 30' waist's suck when it comes to older camo! Does anyone know about the variations of the kit? I know the BDU version was a much newer set, introduced in the late 80's I do believe, whereas the parka and braced trousers where in the late 50's, anyone got any better information, I've hunted a little, but can't seem to find much that separates the two kits.

Oh and I've added a quick photo to show it off. :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                Working...
                X