The Best Scope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Scope.

What is your personal opinion on which is the best scope for a sniper to use in airsoft?
    Pure Plastic Pwnage

Re: The Best Scope.

TASCO AM BEST!

But you should really be asking this in another section, this is the gear section, gear being cammo, tac vests and stuff as aposed to just gear in general. It's a comonly made mistake.

Comment

i dont think that you need too high a magnification,because if you have to zoom too far to get a fix on your target it will be hard to have the range...but that does depend on your initial set-up...i.e what kind of power your gun is putting out
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I also personaly find it hard to follow targets and lead my shots if a scope is anything much more than about 4 or 5x at the MOST! Perhaps I'm just a little too old school for my own good But I've never used a sight that actually has an optical zoom function for airsofting, it just ssems like an unnecicary expence. Like you said Sparrowhawk, you may be able to spot and get a bead on your target half a mile away, but you're damned if you think you can actually hit him with an airsoft gun haha.

Comment

anything over 5x in airsoft is utterly pointless. 4x is pushing it to be honest but if you want super zoom go for it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it kinda things.

You can pick up goof air rifle scopes on ebay for target shooting or hunting. They will have good enough eye relief for you unlike some airsoft scopes, especially ones coming from China. Tasco's a brand to go with, cheap and excellent lens quality and will last longer than you probably will.

Failing that Trijjicon
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

g&p acog

g&p acog

g&p acog

4x zoom which is a perfect amount - and has super crystal clear optics
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I think the tasco 3-9 x 40 / 50's are more then enough. You can get for about the £20 - £30 mark on ebay.

Although for some reason people then sell these on here for £40+ ?

My feed back
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

nicko stirling they are used for killing kangaroos nuff said

Comment

that depends on how much you wanna spend !
                  Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

The cheapest that will do the job, it will get bashed and rained on so no point spending thousands on leopold and the like.

Comment

ok my 2p.
                      You could quite easily spend £2k (eg S&B 5-25x56) on a scope but this isn't real stell your life doesn't depend on it and you don get it for free.
                      As what has been rightly said is you don't need more than 4x for airsoft as you maximum engagement will be at around 60-80 and thats if you have a really ifned tuned rifle that can hit those ranges.
                      If your going to be taking sniping seriously and performin reccee's for your team etc as well as taking shots than multiple magnifications can be of use. as you can see further and pick up on finer details. I for years only used 4 mag but saw a 6-24 mag going cheaply so bought that.

Ok now the really useful bit that you want to consider.
                      Objective lense size: The bigger it is the more light it allows in therefore easier to use in low light etc. However if you get really big its more likely to glare and catch the sun, giving away your position. I wouldn't go above 50 in airsoft and after using a 50 for 2 years find 40 too small.
                      Next is tube size you usually get either 25mm or 30mm again its to do with light. 30mm allows more light to enter the lense and bounce about inside. (remember to get the scope rings that match the scope.)

Finally if you go to cheap the scope could be bad at holding its zero. By this I mean you will half an hour zeroing it (getting the shots to go in the middle) and then 5 mins later you'll have to do it again.

Reticules: There are hundreds to choose from. I personally don't use anything but a mil-dot as it allows range estimation and you can aim off more easily on a windy day.

Tasco are good and cheap and if you have slightly more money to spend Hawke are also very good. Another cheap brand to look at are AGS.

Edit:
                      After a while this will make a bit more sense to you and you'll enter the land of paralax (side or front) and caring if your scope as thumb turrets.

My personal choice would be:
                      3-10x50 Mil-dot with side paralax and large thumb turrets using a 30mm tube.
                      Fortunatly for me such scope exists unfortunatly its ACM so we shall have to see on the quality, although I have heard good things about their optics in the past.
                      Last edited by Ak.; 25 March, 2009, 12:25.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                      http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

Thanks Ive got About £80 to spend on a scope and the tasco one isn't that clear and certainly isn't the best!

Im loooking for sommet about 3-9x zoom.

Also Prefer what you may call a snipers scope just for looks!
                        Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

mins crystal clear. and for a 60 saving, you cant fault it

Comment

the best scope will be the one thats midranged, one you can see out of :P and one thats not to complicated so in the mid of battle your not getting the instructions out to confugure your scope lol

Comment

On the sniper upgrade guide there is a little section on the end of the thread about scopes and people different views about it

ill copya pasta for you

Optics:

Even though this is airsoft I still feel optics are a pretty important choice for snipers, there are a million and one companies out there producing decent scopes. You should make sure you have sturdy scope mounts as well.

A lot of snipers will say that as this is airsoft a 3x30 or 5x30 will be fine, and to hit your target that is true, but as this is airsoft the rifles are not as consistent and with such a low powered scope you can’t always follow the BB that well to know if you have hit the target.

I feel that a nice 3-9 x40 scope set to around 5 or 6 x40 for general purpose is what’s needed to follow the BB to it’s targeted. Although myself, I went a bit further and got a 3-9 x50 (probably more for looks though).

Also, for darker circumstances you may want to think about an illuminated scope as they really do help. And for the more hard core of you, for night time games if you have the extra cash you may consider a night vision scope (although you’ll need a tracer set and some tracer BB’s to go with it).

Here’s a range of different scopes:

UTG/Leapers:

Probably not as well know here as they are an American brand but they are very good (UTG are made by Leapers but designed for airsoft).

Tasco:

A usual choice for not just snipers but many roles in airsoft, very well know for good prices and crystal clear lenses.

Leupold (The Mark 4, M3 series):

Personally I’d say a classic for 6mm hunters around the world.

NCStar & AIM:

Two companies that make pretty decent budget scopes (I really like there rubberised).

A Few Personal Choices from Zeroin Snipers:

‘dope_on_a_rope’ - using a Nikko Stirling Platinum Nite Eater, about a mid to high price range and often come with a range finder wheel for easy on field adjustment.

‘Rampage’ - running on a Falcon Menace, a very large investment for a serious airsofter, and from what I’ve read they are worth every penny.

Myself – I have 2 UTG scopes that are great for the money. They are at the bottom of these examples but personally I think they’re more than enough for airsoft. Although, my favourite scope so far is definitely my King Arms M3 Leupold Replica

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sheard Well ive been alive for some time now and im starting to get the jist of it Find out more about sheard
                              Working...
                              X