Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Eye protection for use with kevlar helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye protection for use with kevlar helmet?

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is what will be the first of many questions I am sure! I will work my way through the whole forum eventually to get info but I cant find anything whilst searching on this particular question.

I am struggling to find some suitable airsoft eye protection that will work with my genuine GS Mk6 standard british issue kevlar helmet.

I dont really want goggles if possible due to limitations on field of view and general 'stuffiness' so would prefer a lighter, non sealing solution really but I would consider anything as at the moment my Highlander goggles have no chance of fitting and even my lightweight specs dont fit well enough for all day use. The problem seems to be the clearance between my eyebrow area and the front rim of the helmet. Anyone had any problems like this?! I guess that most dont try running around in a heavyweight kevlar lid all day though!

Cheers!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Re: Eye protection for use with kevlar helmet?

How about the ESS advancer glasses ? they are designed to be worn with helmets.
    Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

^^^^ thats what ive got, they are wicked

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Thanks for quick replies! The Advancer does indeed look like it has a low profile and do look very nice but having just done a search online they seem to be around £100 which is a little out of my budget unfortunately

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

Sorry, having had more of a search it seems they can be had for £30~£40. They do look like they will fit all US and UK helmets, can anyone here actually confirm this?

Comment

Also search the gear and kit classifieds on here , I'm sure I saw a pair in there the other day for £25
            Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Originally posted by planemo View Post
              hi all,

i'm new here and this is what will be the first of many questions i am sure! I will work my way through the whole forum eventually to get info but i cant find anything whilst searching on this particular question.

I am struggling to find some suitable airsoft eye protection that will work with my genuine gs mk6 standard british issue kevlar helmet.

I dont really want goggles if possible due to limitations on field of view and general 'stuffiness' so would prefer a lighter, non sealing solution really but i would consider anything as at the moment my highlander goggles have no chance of fitting and even my lightweight specs dont fit well enough for all day use. The problem seems to be the clearance between my eyebrow area and the front rim of the helmet. Anyone had any problems like this?! I guess that most dont try running around in a heavyweight kevlar lid all day though!

Cheers!

ESS - ice

btw - MK6 helmets are not made of kevlar. They settled for Ballistic Nylon . The new mk7's are kevlar (I believe).

Comment

dorsettrooper is right, they were here

bravotwozero is also right to suggest the ESS ICE 2.4, as they are current British issue, if you fancy glasses.

Based on the DPM and DDPM thread, user Buzzsaw uses a MK6 and V12's, so you could ask him? one more link for good luck!

I don't have a mk6 but I do love my V12's; good vision, low profile, good vents.
                Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

technically they aren't new Mk7, just the old AC900. But i agree with the ICE, got mine for a tenner :D

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                    btw - MK6 helmets are not made of kevlar. They settled for Ballistic Nylon . The new mk7's are kevlar (I believe).
                    Ballistic Nylon and kevlar are the same material!!!!! Kevlar is just a copyrighted trade name!!!

Comment

Cheers all, I have pm'd Buzz. Unfortunately the s/h V12's have already gone and looking at the ICE I must admit I think I would prefer them, especially with the summer coming up. Maybe I should just get some, especially if I can find more for £10 as it does appear that most ESS stuff is designed for use with british military helmets. Thanks!

Comment

I use ICE 2.4s with my lid, but I still find the front of the helmet hits the top of the glasses in certain situations. I don't think you'll find any goggles that are a perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
                          Ballistic Nylon and kevlar are the same material!!!!! Kevlar is just a copyrighted trade name!!!

Ahhh - Well I didn't know that!

Least I was on the right track

Cheers.

Comment

Just thought I would update this thread. I'm totally gutted really. I got hold of a brand new shiny set of ICE 2.4's and they don't fit. At rest, with my helmet on, the front edges of the helmet just touch the glasses and so with a bit of running the helmet ends up pushing them down my nose. I'm happy that the helmet is a secure fit but you will never eradicate all movement and so with the glasses touching at rest it's a no hoped really.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. My regular specs fit as well as some 'wraparound' sunglasses I have but it's getting some of a similar size that offer the same lens protectection that I need. It also means that by default they won't cover as much area around the eye socket which of course isn't ideal if a bb could find it's way in somehow.

I'm at a loss to be honest, I can't see how it's this difficult and more to the point I can't believe that Our Boys on the frontline haven't come accross the same problem with the issued eye protection.

Comment

You see the ring of string in the top of the helmet? (or net if its a 6 alpha) adjust it a smidgen so that it sits slightly higher on the head it shouldnt really be anywhere near your eyebrows.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
                              Working...
                              X