Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Desert boots under £100 and WATERPROOF... :?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert boots under £100 and WATERPROOF... :?

Hello guys,

I am looking to get some desert boots to go with my part multicam part desert loadout and i would like some advice on if there is any desert boots under £100 that are good, durable but importantly WATERPROOF please.
    replies will be appreciated!

ThePhenomEra

Re: Desert boots under £100 and WATERPROOF... :?

Almost any desert boot can be made waterproof enough for the UK with the right treatment. I use my old issue desert Magnums and have waterproofed them with a standard spray bought from a high street retailer and they've kept my feet nice and dry during rainy days in urban environments. If you want a boot waterproof enough to handle snow or deep puddles then I don't know of a decent desert pair to be honest. I've always used Lowa's for wet weather in Afghan or Iraq.

Comment

Thank you buddie! where woudl you reckon a decent pray would be? john lewis? debenhams?

Comment

try blacks, mountain warehouse, go outdoors etc, John Lewis will sell you a nice TV and a toaster, not waterproofing spray for boots.

Comment

As JCheeseright said. Try outdoor and camping places. I noticed yesterday that Zero In sell waterproofing spray if that's the route you want to go down. Failing that most military surplus stores or camping/walking shops will have a decent selection of boots. Plus there's good old Google for online shopping as well and most places will let you order a couple of pairs for sizes and then send one back. They key thing to remember for boots is that everyone is different in terms of what they find comfortable on their feet, so don't listen too much to people telling you to get a specific model of boot. Lowa's are one of my favourite makes for boots and you can't really go wrong with them but they are pricey and you need to find the right model for your foot.

Comment

+1 for Lowa's, got a set of Desert Elite's and they rock. But, as has been said you really need to go try a few pairs on to get a decent fit, 'waterproof' boots or not, then waterproof with a spray.

Comment

Altberg all the way. Might have to shop around for a price under £100 though

Comment

If you go on well known auction site and look for Belleville Goretex desert boots, the desert version of the US Infantry combat boot. Great boots and most importantly for you, Goretex.

US sizing though, I am a UK11 and find a US12R is perfect.
                Stirling original.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePhenomEra Find out more about ThePhenomEra
                Working...
                X