Flachentarn - Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flachentarn - Am I the only one?

So, I am currently running a repro Flachentarn setup (mixing up an OD chest rig, or black vest) made by a certain German producer. Does anyone else run Flachentarn in an out of period setup? By out of period, I mean not anearly Cold War re-enacter?

Re: Flachentarn - Am I the only one?

Originally posted by balderz002 View Post
    So, I am currently running a repro Flachentarn setup (mixing up an OD chest rig, or black vest) made by a certain German producer. Does anyone else run Flachentarn in an out of period setup? By out of period, I mean not anearly Cold War re-enacter?
    Nein, Ich mach es so!

No, I do it the same!

Just need to find a viable trade for my ArmaLite over to a G36K or E.

Comment

are you talking about flecktarn?
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

The stuff I am on about is the camo pattern used by East Germany from the post war period upto the mid 60's. Its also known as Blumentarn.

Comment

I thought he meant Flecktarn and had made the usual mistakes!

Now I see that he means Flächentarn, probably the least used camo in the European theatre!

I retract my previous statement.

Comment

Wow Balderz002, I just spoke to my former Army comrade in Germany and he would struggle to even find that stuff!

Is yours reproductions or genuine or even a mixture? If any is genuine, look after it, even though not valuable, it is becoming a little exclusive!

MfDG

p.s. Only 26 hits on the whole of ebay.de for Flächentarn!
            Last edited by AJLö; 2 November, 2013, 12:23. Reason: added p.s.

Comment

Its all repro stuff. Cap, t-shirt, bdu trousers and a canvas hooded jacket. Cap was the hardest to source. Had to get it from a Czech site in the end. Bloody postage was twice what the cap was priced at!

Comment

Originally posted by balderz002 View Post
                Its all repro stuff. Cap, t-shirt, bdu trousers and a canvas hooded jacket. Cap was the hardest to source. Had to get it from a Czech site in the end. Bloody postage was twice what the cap was priced at!
                That is a similar story to most of us that chose, either WH/SS in the early days or any slightly different uniform from the main!

I feel your pain, both financially and neurologically!

I think Gadgeuropa and his cohorts do a lot of cold-war stuff, maybe it is a good thing to establish some contact.

MfDG

p.s. I am hoping to do something with cold war BW, so maybe we can be best of enemies or even work together and really confuse 'them'!

Comment

Well, seems I must be the only one. When I am next out skirmishing, I will try and get an image.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

balderz002 Find out more about balderz002
                  Working...
                  X