Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Anyone know where to get Safariland holster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to get Safariland holster?

Guys,

I thought my luck was in when I found a Safariland STX left-handed P226 thigh holster and with credit card in hand I eagerly called up to order but they said that they didn't have it and there were no plans to order anymore as Safariland had been 'taken over by BAE' and there were no plans to have a UK importer!

I really, really wanted this particular holster as A: they look the part B: hold the gun securely and C: it's often what forces use so it looks more authentic.

I really didn't want a nylon holster as the amount of them I have seen flapping around on the wearers thigh like a landed fish doesnt inspire me.

If anyone can help me with sourcing Safariland I would be REALLY grateful!

Thanks
    Last edited by Rampage; 19 March, 2010, 13:37.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Re: Anyone know where to get Safariland holster?

if you really can't find a safariland check out the blackhawk serpas! I love mine. just an option
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Wow I'm impressed with the serpa! That would do, just need to see if they can do a cack-handed version for me- KMNW don't list one on the website.

Cheers for the heads up!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

I got a safariland for my Sig on ebay for about £30 and for my money they're far more secure than a serpa, there's usually plenty on ebay.
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I've had no problems with my serpa to be honest. I run around like a mad man in woodland and the tigger lock has never failed once. I love the quick draw it allows. I tested it by hanging the holster upside down and shaking it as vigorously as i could and it wouldn't budge
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I have been keeping an eye on eBay for a while but I've never seen anything left handed come up, and the chance of one doing so, as well as being for a sig is looking a bit remote.

Having looked further into the blackhawk I'm very interested as the thigh baseplate also has 2x modular attachments for spare mags etc. If it's as secure as Caffin says then I think the blackhawk is the way to go.

I know that I can get a leftie one too from Qm stores but delivery is a few weeks.

Thanks to you all for your help, I may do a review on the serpa!

Comment

ask some other people also. Everyone I've spoken to loves their serpas. I'm sure you won't regret it if you do end up getting one.

Comment

The popular auction site is the best place for price there used to be alot of options available this time last year but there seems to be less and less at the moment so you just have to hunt really hard. Failing that get a Serpa i have had both and do prefer Safariland but cant knock Serpa.

Comment

a shop in london has a random selection of safariland left handed holsters atm might be worth giving them a go

Comment

Safariland holsters are very hard to get hold of in the UK. I should know as ive got 2. I just end up getting them from the states. About £140 with import tax. Company i use are really good and they have a ebay shop. If you want the details then PM me.

Comment

Thanks for everyones help, but I have ordered a Serpa now with carbon fibre holster and a black composite picatinny mounted spare mag holder to match the rest of it. Came in at £128 although the mag holder on it's own was just shy of £20!!

I will update this thread and give a short review when I get it!

Cheers

Comment

what level was the holster? was it with the drop leg system because that sounds quite expensive?

Comment

Drop leg level2 from what I understand. Holster was about 50 rents and the thigh assembly 58. I didn't find anyone cheaper than that!

Comment

oh fair enough if its with the drop leg.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
                            Working...
                            X