Osprey MK4 Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey MK4 Plates

Anyone know how much the Osprey MK4 plates are worth these days?

Failing that, do Z1 sell dummy inserts? My MTP Osprey feels a bit 'meh' without any filler. Dinner plates have been advised but I don't sit very well with having that in my pouch. If it breaks, could cause damage, right?

Cheers,

FPSEngland.
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: Osprey MK4 Plates

Dinner plates ? ...........yeah, don't do that, that would make you an idiot .

Try dense foam cut to shape, if you want some weight, try a bit of carpet tile cut to shape.
    Instagram = No1jimmypie https://instagram.com/no1jimmypie/

Comment

Dinner plates are the business. I run 2 in both the front and back, but you have to turn them so they have a hollow in the middle so you can hear your hits.

Comment

Osprey 4 plate are still not released for sale as they are still restricted material

Comment

I saw plates going for £100 a pair, but will steer clear if restricted material. If my ATC CO gets wind of it, I'd probably lose my stripes. :S

I'll see if I can get any rough CAD designs for the plates, as I know a guy with a CNC cutter. As for the dinner plates, I'll give it a go, but I'm still a little unsure as to the structural integrity of what I use to eat my curries on.
          The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Did you buy your mk4 as just the cover?
            If so the chances are they didn't give you the soft armour inserts. Its possible you just need the soft armour inserts and not the full plates, plus u cant have full plates as explained by HAPI.
            But the soft inserts are quite heavy, so keeps the vest down nicely and are plenty adequate for airsoft purposes.
            Failing that, I had a mate that just used thin ply board as it can bend and isn't heavy. He cut out the general inner size and smoothed the edges, and they fitted perfectly.

Comment

So the softarmour is okay? I wouldn't mind me some of that. Is there a general price tag floating around for front/back and side inserts? Thinking of putting up wanted ads and sniffing about the net at some point, but don't want to pay silly money.

Comment

TBH I really couldn't say about the soft armour as got my cover with them already in when I bought from a surplus shop.
                So I would check first

Comment

Ah. I got mine from another 'softer who had been given a spare cover in my size.

Will take a look about; seems a preferential option to dinnerware.

Comment

Seriously , dinner plates, just no, whatever that crackerjack abbadon101 says.

Comment

That dinner plates shit has gotta be a windup right?! Fillers will weigh at least three kilo mate and make you sweat your tits off in the summer. I have made plates out of a roll up kip mat cut to size in place of plates. Worked a treat. Be cautious though as anything you use that isn't breathable will make you sweaty and uncomfortable including the kip mat solution. The best thing to use would be some sort of thick mesh and shape it to make plates.

But best option I would suggest is buy some MK4 plates sleeves/covers and use them as a template to cut the kip mat foam to shape and then put the foam in the plate cover, the plate cover then in the plate pocket on the Osprey and that will look legit to anyone who is close enough to see the inside of your rig.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jimmypie View Post
                        Seriously , dinner plates, just no, whatever that crackerjack abbadon101 says.
                        Bro do you even operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                          Bro do you even operate.

Only heavy machinery whilst under the influence.

Comment

Oh my.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
                            Working...
                            X