Pencott Greenzone - Any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencott Greenzone - Any experience?

I'm looking for a slightly brighter green UBACS and hat than my DPM one, while great at night/winter it's a little bit obvious in the spring and summer months.

Pencott Greenzone caught me eye as a lighter pattern, wondering if anyone had any experience?
    I'm always open to other suggestions though, if there are better patterns out there.

Cheers!

Re: Pencott Greenzone - Any experience?

Very few actual products available in the Pencott patterns as it stands, at least comparatively.

GreenZone can be a pretty dark pattern overall particularly in the browns and contains a lot of earthy tones, but then it can vary massively depending on exactly which cut off the roll of fabric goes in to making your item; similar story with ATCAS-FG. Multicam (and its' many derivatives and copies) takes on a pretty light green hue overall, particularly when viewed from a distance; it's always worked well when I've seen it used in woodland during the warmer months. For blending in with the bright green foliage of the spring/summer it's probably one of the best options, you might want to look at temperate CADPAT as well as Vegetato. If your site tends to have a lot of bare soil or otherwise uncovered ground you'll want something darker with more brown like temperate MARPAT. I don't think anything in the Kryptek family would suit your environment by the sounds of things and Flecktarn's just as dark as DPM to my eyes.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Re: Pencott Greenzone - Any experience?

I'm baffled by the fact that Multicam and MTP* are so popular in the UK. The woodland areas are so green here during most of the year that users of the two mentioned camos usually stick out as a sore thumb (or a crowd of sore thumbs). Even during the summer. But I live in the north-west, so it might be different down south.
      * - OK, this one is actually easy to understand since it's a national pattern

Greenzone in my opinion should work pretty well in the woodland areas I have seen. Besides the colours the pattern has a very good combination of macro and micro-pattern, which is (in my opinion) a feature essential to a good camouflage. Something that MC and MTP are lacking due the low contrast between the colours.

Since such a fan of green stuff, I think it's easy to guess which one of the lads I'm on the following picture (not styling Pencott though):

If you're looking for Pencott Greenzone pictures check out their facebook page, they have a selection of reposted third party pictures (which means they often aren't posed bullshots):
      https://www.facebook.com/Pencottcamouflage?fref=ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MarcusAleksandr Find out more about MarcusAleksandr
      Working...
      X