Plate Carriers / Molle Vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate Carriers / Molle Vests

I'm currently using a rather cheap vest from HK. Fake M/C, vest and full set of pouches for £65.

Since then I've got a few real MC pouches, and what not. I was now considering moving the stuff onto a new vest.

My question is, what difference is a relatively expensive vest going to make compared to the bog standard it came with? Is it worth the expense, and why?

Re: Plate Carriers / Molle Vests

worth it because

1) it will be real multicam and not look stupid
    2) it will be much better made, more comfortable and ast longer
    3) you will love your loadout more with it all being authentic stuff

i wouldnt trade my real blackwater multicam molle vest EVER - best piece of kit ever if you can find one
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I'll challenge you to see the difference between my fake and real pouches :p

I was thinking with the pouches, I'd only need a Coyote Brown vest under.

Comment

I used to have an ACM CIRAS and I loved it, Then I got myself a Warrior RICAS and the quality is so much better.
        Everything is so neat, none of the stitching comes out, you will really have to pull the loops to rip them.
        It is one sturdy peice of kit, And for me it really showed that you get what you pay for most of the time.

Bert.

Comment

i used to have fake mc molle vest was terrible - lasted a bit but ultimatly fell apart

i couldnt ruin mine if i tried

just got a warrior ricas (tan for my pmc gear) and the quality is amazing - just get it in MC and your onto a winnner
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

you get what you pay for. I Run an Eagle Plate Carrier and cummerbund. I'll admit that i buy real deal as i can use the pouches etc for work is i have to. The quality of the real steel stuff like eagle, blackwater or Warrior is far superior to anything China produce.

Comment

I've got a WARRIOR RICAS it's really comfortable and its more breathable than i'd thought it would be proberly because its rigid so when you lean forward it exposes your back to the air. In my opinion its better then webbing doesn't move around as much.
              Alpha Elite Gaming, Jersey C.I

Comment

Any more recommendations?

Just to add - I'm on the "lanky" (no, I didn't say weedy!) side. 6ft and slim.

So I'd need something that worked well with my girly slender frame too!

Comment

just got a warrior ricas compact in tan

another very nice very well made bit of kit would fit lanky people perfectly im sure

its also quite thin and small even though its strong and rigid so doesnt add extra bulk or restrict movement (like my hrm vest does - where i cant look down)

Comment

I currently have a CIRA. How does a RICAS compare.

And any other strange acronyms I should be aware of? lol

Comment

If your lanky and slim then I would suggest getting the RICAS Compact over the RICAS if you do decide to get one.
                      I find my RICAS Compact really restricts movement, so when I tried on a RICAS I was walking like a robot.

Comment

I'm a little confused over your post there. I think you are saying the compact is tight and rigid, which might fit better. But then that makes movement difficult for the same reason?

Comment

Im saying if you are slim the RICAS compact would proabably fit you better.
                          I have compared my Compact to a RICAS and the RICAS is alot stiffer and very hard to move in, My RICAS Compact is still very stiff but if cut alot better for the smaller sized person.

Comment

OK cool. You still selling yours? Might have to wait for War & Peace Show or something, and try some kit on!

Comment

Im considering selling it, but its such a well made peice of kit I dont really want to get rid of it, But when attacking it just gets in the way.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X