Sapi "dummy" plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapi "dummy" plates

I am currently using the soft plates that came in my warrior DCS.

I was wondering if there are any advantages to changing these with fake sapi plates?

Re: Sapi "dummy" plates

My old rig came with soft plates. They felt hot and uncomfortable. Replaced them with fake hard plates and never looked back. They are much more supportive so the kit on the carrier seems to hang better and they feel like they offer less insulation so better for running around with.
    Mine are hollow so make a loud noise when hit which has to help me take my hits.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

Was thinking of getting some of these for my Warrior RICAS compact, do you need to buy a specific size of plate or is there just a generic one size fits all?

Comment

I have plastic ones in a Pantac 6094, think the size is 10"x13" there are different sizes but I'm not sure what they are

Comment

just tried it on without the soft plates and an elastic cummerbund and might just stick with it that way

Comment

Real sapi plates are sized small, medium, large etc.
            My replicas are medium so 9 x 12 iirc.
            Your carrier should fit medium or large plates, though you can get them custom made. I can't mention where but pm me if you're interested (nothing to do with me personally btw)
            "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
            George Carlin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pesca Find out more about Pesca
            Working...
            X