Help with a helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a helmet

Have been working on a helmet for the kids. Have taken one of their old cycle helmets that isn't a million miles away from a tactical lid, attached thier H F Forces night scope to the front and gave the whole thing a camo spray job. Need to get some velcro to add and also the pouch that goes on the back (think it might hold a battery for the night vision ). Have found tan velcro but don't know what to search for regarding the pouch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with a helmet

Think they are counterweights for NVGs probably a battery or something as you say (google - 'helmet counterweight pouch' or something like that)

Comment

Nice one Mango. Will have a look. Also is it possible to buy the velcro in the shape most people seem to have on the top of their lids or do they just cut it?

Comment

I would have thought so if you check on a popular auction site beginning with 'E' (dunno if i can say name on here) someone will probably be selling it on there or you could just find some tan Velcro as you mentioned and cut it to shape

Comment

to get the velcro you can cut it. thats what they do in the factories from a huge sheet and template.... genuinely soundslike a cracking idea youve got going on there dog!
          Sandy -- Rogue Recon

Comment

Cheers guys. Will look into that. How the helmet looks so far. Bracket isn't the best but was easy to fit. Still need to add the velcro and counter weight pouch plus weather it a bit.

20140314_164741-1_resized.jpg

And as they are still a little young for airsoft it was only fair to mod one of the Nerf guns.

PunCamo (3).jpg

Comment

Be my dad?

Comment

Lol. Will run it by the other half C-Dawg. Haven't finished it yet as they have both got me scratch building thier Army of Two style masks. When they are done I have to start on the full custom sci-fi/swat tactical armour with matching helmets with built in comms. They certainlt keep me out of mischief.

Comment

Here's a thought. With all the high end Nerf mods kicking around, and yours is certainly high-end, Dog, could these be classed as RIF's? Joe Public CAN be quite ignorant. Regardless of the Nerf silhouette, the paint job makes it look VERY mean!

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Would think they are now different to any other replica Ritchie once the piant goes on. I do tend to add a bright orange tip if I do sell any.

Been working on this aswell for the boys. Taidi light and sound M4. Think it cost about £13 posted out off fleabay. Modified the front end a little by adding an internal barrel and extending it using 20mm conduit. Made a suppressor using 40mm waste pipe and gave the whole think a quick paint job. Cheap as chips and pretty sweet. May end up getting used in a film shoot later in the year.

20140603_133843-1_resized.jpg

Comment

Ollie with the M4 before mods.

IMG_8838234964395.jpg

The boys at an event with them sprayed up.

Photo0122.jpg

Comment

Question.
                        What headsets are those in the last picture?
                        Cheers mate.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

HM Forces range. Come with 2 radios and headsets. Look okay but a bit pish when they try and talk to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                            Here's a thought. With all the high end Nerf mods kicking around, and yours is certainly high-end, Dog, could these be classed as RIF's? Joe Public CAN be quite ignorant. Regardless of the Nerf silhouette, the paint job makes it look VERY mean!

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!
                            Yeah, I'd imagine these would classify as RIF's which means to sell them on you'd need a defence. Or paint them 50+% a horrible colour. For a bleeding NERF gun lol.
                            Upcoming Games:
                            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dog green 1 Painter of all things cool. Find out more about dog green 1
                            Working...
                            X