Light Weight Plate Carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Weight Plate Carriers

I don't know much about plater carriers. I bought a Trojan Templar Assault System, but it wasn't light weight enough to go with my sniper load-out.

I've seen the Flyye FAPC's, which look good, but I know there must be plenty other brands out there for me to check out.

Must be OD, easy to get on and off, and able to take fake plates (I'm assuming it's much easier to tell when you are hit with these in).

Trying to keep the cost down, but I don't want to buy cr*p.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

mj23lj
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Re: Light Weight Plate Carriers

i have a Warrior Assault Systems RICAS-C and its super light sans gear. Very comfortable and great for long use. I have back problems so i like to stay pretty light. If u want a really small PC the warrior DCS is in OD now(i think)

Comment

It is and it's in stock at the usual place.
      Really getting on with mine at the minute. It comes with foam 'plates' too.

Comment

Thanks! I've just checked those out, and it looks great, but I'd prefer to go cheaper if possible. Around £60 would be great.

Does anyone have opinions on "TMC"?
        Last edited by mj23lj; 24 March, 2014, 17:18.
        Trader Feedback:

Comment

you can often pickup a second hand RICAS-C for 70 quid. Next best would be a flyye 6094 or some such. TMC is pretty crap in my exp spend a bit more buy once and all that ^^

Comment

I have an FSBE2 system which comes with large dummy plates (not foam proper hard ones).

Got it listed on the forums too if that interests you.

sent from my phone so spelling and stuff may be bad because I am lazy and autocorrect sucks.

Comment

Out of interest, why are you after a plate carrier for sniping? I know they are getting popular in hot, sandy places but for a woodland game I'd rather be unencumbered, especially with the amount of crawling you end up doing. I get hot enough in the wookie suit, I don't fancy a pc underneath too! Do you carry mags etc on a belt rig?
              If you do want an uberlight PC cheap I like my TMC 6094 slick. Build quality seems decent enough though I wouldn't fancy carrying real plates in it!
              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
              George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by angry pirate View Post
                Out of interest, why are you after a plate carrier for sniping? I know they are getting popular in hot, sandy places but for a woodland game I'd rather be unencumbered, especially with the amount of crawling you end up doing. I get hot enough in the wookie suit, I don't fancy a pc underneath too! Do you carry mags etc on a belt rig?
                If you do want an uberlight PC cheap I like my TMC 6094 slick. Build quality seems decent enough though I wouldn't fancy carrying real plates in it!
                Because tacticool! But also, I don't like the idea of my mags being that low down. In prone, or on my side, I'd be worried that mags in a belt could get broken easily under the pressure of me lying on them.

I looked at the TMC 6094, but it looks like it has no molle webbing. How do you attach pouches?
                Trader Feedback:

Comment

Tmc jpc is probably one of the lightest, clone carriers

Comment

Unless you mount them right up on your chest or on the cummerbund you'll also be lying on your mags wearing a PC. Just something to be aware of.

5.11 do a 'plate carrier vest' that's available in the UK for about £50 and is primarily mesh so you'll struggle to get anything mich lighter than that. Or if you go with a clone get something like a JPC or Strandhogg if you want lightweight, the 6094 design is really getting on (comparatively). Overall I'd say a chest rig is going to be the best option because it'll look pretty much the same at the front, mounts all your pouches in the exact same place as a PC and you can get a high quality BULLE one in OD for £25.
                    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                      Because tacticool! But also, I don't like the idea of my mags being that low down. In prone, or on my side, I'd be worried that mags in a belt could get broken easily under the pressure of me lying on them.

I looked at the TMC 6094, but it looks like it has no molle webbing. How do you attach pouches?
                      I don't. I have a chest rig for woodland or a sniper belt rig and I wear it with one if those for urban.

If you belt mount, just mount the pouches on the hips and back so the front is clear when prone. Bulle do a copy of a sniper belt rig with horizontal mag pouches which is ace for sniping, but I guess it depends on your style of play and what rif you use.
                      Plus one of the jpc though. I tried on a chinasoft replica and it was v light and comfy. Never skirmished in one mind
                      "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                      George Carlin

Comment

I think I have a good idea of what I want now. Found many good options and just need to make the decision. Thanks for the help guys!
                        Trader Feedback:

Comment

One more vote for the TMC JPC replicas, mine is very light and comfortable.

Comment

I have 3 TMC 6094's and i love them, cheap as hell and with some foam inserts the most comfortable PC ive ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Jest3r View Post
                              I have 3 TMC 6094's and i love them, cheap as hell and with some foam inserts the most comfortable PC ive ever had.
                              Agreed, I have a flyye 6094 and even when loaded up its still lighter than my eagle mbav and spc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                              Working...
                              X