Starter Assault Vests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Assault Vests?

Hi guys, I'm brand new to both airsoft as a sport and these forums, so i'm trying to pick out a decent black assault vest, as i'm building up a basic woodland DPM with black accessories kinda loadout.

here are a couple of the ones i'm interested in.

links removed

I do really like the RRV vest.

Bear in mind i have an MP5, but i don't mind roomy mag pouches that are designed for 5.56 mags.

Any advice would be great.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 1 April, 2010, 01:14. Reason: retailer links
    Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
    But SCREAM it at them in German, because life is also terrifying.
    ICH LIEBE DICH!

Re: Starter Assault Vests?

just get a viper lapd vest, ts good for starting off, or a second hand issue one theyre both arround 20 pounds
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

the RRV has modular attachments so your able to put loads of kit onand make it custom to how you like it, also with a single m4 mag pouch, your looking at fitting 3 MP5 mags in.

or as above get an LA vest, 6 mag pouches, holds 3 mp5 amags in each, plus a belt to put extra pouches, best advice is to go to a site, and ask if you can try on other peoples kit, or even be cheecky and ask if you can have a game with theres on..

shep

Comment

Agreed a viper is a good start out vest, (vests they do more than one type and camo/colour) they are relativity cheap so that if further down the road you want to bin it or sell it it wont be so harsh on your pocket. I currently use the LA Vest

Comment

I'd say get a Viper south african assault vest for a first vest. From first hand experience they look much better and hold far more than the LA and Hong Kong vests.
          Also, the choice of colours and price are fantastic.
          One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

SAAV. Probably the best starter vest there is. If you cant cet it into a SAAV then you probably don't really need it .

Comment

SAAV. All the way. I have one, Its very nice.
              Originally posted by B.E.N.
              Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
              Tactical bed covers...
              Double or single?

Comment

+1 to the SAAV. I got one in ACU pattern then sold it on because I got some DPM gear and the two didn't really go together well. The SAAV was really comfortable and I was struggling to find stuff to put in the pockets, there are that many of them. Once you know how much you want to carry for each skirmish it might be worth getting some MOLLE gear because it's infinitely customisable (as long as your pocket's deep enough).
                Summary: get a Viper SAAV and see what happens

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys, you've been really helpful. I have been looking a lot at the SAAV, for all the pockets, and it does look kinda nice. Plus £30 is a darn good price. Not sure though as I use an MP5, i'll have trouble filling the pockets!
                  Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
                  But SCREAM it at them in German, because life is also terrifying.
                  ICH LIEBE DICH!

Comment

You will have trouble filling all the pockets using an M4, unless you plan on using mid/low caps.

Comment

SAAV definately, it doesn't matter if you don't fill all the holes. But bare in mind you may put pyro, bb's, speedloaders, radios etc. in the other holes.
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 April, 2010, 08:59.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Broady Presenter/co-owner of UKAirsoftOps on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/UKAirsoftOps Find out more about Broady
                      Working...
                      X