Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying gear (fabric)

hello lads,

I want to give my OD gear a slight color change with some brown and tan paint. Anyone have tips on what kind of paint to use? I was looking at krylon but that seems to be mainly for metal, glass, wood etc.

I have a elastic cummerbund and bfg tenspeed elastic pouches on my vest, so I am looking for something that wont rune the elastic effect by for example hardening it..

Hope to hear some tips and experiences.

Re: spraying gear (fabric)

Krylon works fine on fabric, just don't expect a perfect finish. Do a test spray on something first so you gauge how it will look/dry first.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

I've used car primer on kit and it's worked fine tbh.

I had some sage green flight suit trousers that i wanted a little darker to be part of a stage outfit in the band i'm in so put some scrim over them and sprayed them with matt black to create that 'snakeskin' effect. Worked really well and isnt coming off in a hurry.

Back in the vietnam war units used to paint their olive green kit with black spray paint to create makeshift camo suits.

Comment

Krylon works quite well on fabrics to be fair. Amongst others i've sprayed various patterns on chest rigs and pc's, although i never did a complete colour change - it holds up pretty well, although begins to wear off after some heavy use. Nothing that a quick rins with water/brush/respray wont fix.
        I've also used black krylon on thirts many times with crap like band stencils, and they hold up through washes fairly well, unless you wash them at very high temperatures.

Comment

I've kryloned od and tan rigs in the past with snakeskin style patterns. Krylon is great for adding cam, ageing gear etc. but it will brush off fairly easily if you want to remove it.
          "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
          George Carlin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pesca Find out more about Pesca
          Working...
          X