Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACOG any good for airsoft?

Hi guys,

I usually use a red dot sight atop of my G36C as i usually play CQB and its fantastic for picking people off, however I have started playing woodland and other sites where long range engagement is needed. With my red dot sight i notice i am shooting at people however I dont seem to be hitting them.

Is an ACOG sight any good in airsoft or is the range just too limited? Would i be better saving £60 and sticking to my red dot or is the ACOG an effective piece of kit? I was thinking of getting the ACOG with a small red dot on top for when i move into buildings.

Thanks.
    Lee

Re: ACOG any good for airsoft?

It makes little difference. Chances are you arent missing because of accuracy simply that the range is that much more, so your magnified optic will simply allow you to see your rounds drop. Better off ditching it and getting closer
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Would you be hitting them with the iron sights? Is it the case that the site is not zeroed for longer distances? Is the hop on the g36 set to spin the bb to the distance you want to hit? It the bb at the correct weight?
      Lots of things to look at on the rifle before the sights. Ditch the red dot and make sure the rifle can hit objects at the distance you want, if it can then look at the sight options.
      Wind may now be a factor also as you've gone from indoor shooting to out door woodland.
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

I found my acog works brill at abit of distance, really helps to be able to see where your bb's are hitting to be able to adjust quicker

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my 4x acog, as stated before it really helps with seeing where your shots are going and makes it easier to adjust your shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't fault my acog for use in the woodland site I play at regularly!
            KJW M700
            -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
            -Spartan Doctrine VSR Chamber-
            -Nineball Rubber-
            -Action Fluted Barrel w/ Suppressor-
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
            Working...
            X