Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low profile way to carry mags

Morning all,

I usually load out 2 hi cap mags strapped together side by side whilst the gun is loaded, I like to be light on my feet so dont carry anything at all on my person, however I am considering moving to mid cap mags and thus would need to carry 4 mags on my body.

Please could anybody suggest a low profile and secure way (i.e. something that wont bounce around when running) to carry around 4 mags?

Many Thanks

Re: Low profile way to carry mags

Any of the blue force gear ten-speed mag pouches are very low profile

Comment

Kydex mag holders on your belt would do it well.

Nexus Fastmags and RAMP mag holders would do it well too.

Being honest, the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed chest rig in 5.56 would do the job brilliantly.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Just a simple viper chest rig, pretty much any small molle chest rig will do you well.
        The clown has no penis

Comment

Tmc make a copy of the Haley strategic d3 chest rig. Fits 4 stanag mags and is ultra light.

Comment

Well there's about a gazillion options, but if literally all you want is 4 mags and nothing else there'd be no real point in donning a complete vest or plate carrier. I'd say either a small/micro chest rig or a belt of some kind, be it MOLLE/PALS or a simple duty belt with 2-3 pouches attached. Just depends where you want your mags situated, I've always found that the 'weak side' hip is the fastest and most convenient place to grab mags from pouches but if you'd rather have them on the torso grab a small chest rig; either option will stay secure as long as it's good quality kit setup properly. Budget, colour preference, magazine type etc all dictate what to go for in a chest rig or a belt and if you go for rig without fixed pouches or pretty much any belt you've got 50 squadrillion pouches out there to choose from so you'd have to have a think about whether you want lidded doubles, shingles, some type of modern high-speed pouch etc.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

i carry up to 4 ak mags in the large thigh pouches on my cargo pants,i ran a line of stitching down the center of each one to keep them in place,works very well for me and i dont notice them at all until i need them.

Comment

Belt rig. end
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Drop leg thigh rig with a couple of double mag pouches attached. Or if you want to go totally cheeky; 2 drop leg thigh rigs with 2 single mag pouches on each. If fitted right you totally forget that they're there!

Comment

I use a Flyye law enf chest rig it's lightweight and has 3 built in mag pouches and molle space either side. It a nice piece for not much cash.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
                    Working...
                    X