Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

M249 1200rnd Box Mag Quick Reloader! (DIY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 1200rnd Box Mag Quick Reloader! (DIY)

Having just bought an M249 / L110A1, I thought forward to when I'll need to be doing quick reloads during skirmishes.

Spending £120 on another 1200 rnd CA box mag is out of the question for now and clipping the things to your gun is fiddly at best when not under fire!

Toobs are cut to 6.5" high (caps glued at the lower end) - two of which fit nicely into my Warrior utility/med pouch. Each toob holds approx 1800 rnds to cater for 'spills' and surplus.

[I intend to ignore the NSN spotters! It's just a notional design I threw together, ok? :p ]

Might work for other box mags with a push-down plate.

Hopefully, the pics will explain it better than words...

Re: M249 1200rnd Box Mag Quick Reloader! (DIY)

nice idea but you should still unzip the mag & pull down the plundger. when thats down whats wrong with pouring bb's from the bag - its easy enough.

EDIT - Also puching down the plate from above isn't recommended - the pin that holds the plate is very small - by angling the plate when you pull it down your put pressure on one edge & see your box mag break very very quickly (talking from experience)

The plundger on the bottom is the best way to lower the "shelf".

Chris
    I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

but you still have to unzip the mag & pull down the plundger.
      No, mine has a reloading lid on the side (see image above). [edit] Yes, I see what you mean but this is much faster and not as 'awkward' I think.
      Last edited by Panoptes; 6 April, 2009, 15:31.

Comment

Sorry mate - see edit - my post didn't copy across correctly. yes I had the lid too - you still need to pull the plundger to increase your capicty to 1200bb's. As above if you push down the shelf you will soon break it. - I used to use a similar method - the shelf soon snaps where its connected to the plundger which it needs to work correctly. Sorry mate i dont mean to p**s on your idea but its been tried before and failed.

Chris

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm sure gently pushing it down won't cause any untoward damage.

Comment

be very very very careful as the pin that connects the plate to the plundger is only just big enough for the job - if you angle it it will start to slide out & then "snap.... bugger" will be the terms heard.

Comment

Got it.

Do you find with the zip, it's a real bitch to undo the popper?

Comment

First off, sorry for resurecting this thread after it being dead for so long, but I really didnt want to post a sperate thread when I think its more relevent to this one

when you guys talk about the pin on the bottom, underneath the zip, should there be a part of it that protudes or anything? you see I just bought mine secend hand & there just seems to be a hole in the middle with the tube, but I cant get hold of it untill I push the plate down with a pen. Sorry i'm at work now so cant have a proper look at mine.

Also panoptes, that is a fgreat idea, I'm so gonna produce a few of my own to use, lets see, £100 ish for a new mag or £10 ish for materials for about 3-4

"FRAK's - Field Rloading Assistance Kits" now those cylons dont stand a chance, oh wait, i'm going off into my own world again, votkov! this is the airsoft forums dammit

also, the way you printed them, just A4 stickyback lables cut to size? or did you manage to find some perfect fit lables?

EDIT: forgot to say, I had to use a screw driver to pry open my popper as it's that tight, guess i wont be popping the zip shut any time soon hehe

Comment

Yeah, the poppers are a bit stiff.

In answer to your question; just cut to size.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                  Working...
                  X