Which M4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which M4?

i'm currently thinkin bout jumping on the M4 bandwagon (after years of saying i would never do it) However with money running low and cheaper versions being available i'm thinkin of getting a cheaper one with a view to gradually building upon it.

The two that i've been looking at are the G&G combat machine M4A1 and the CA M4 sportline Tactical Carbine (Full Stock version)

looking at basic specs they both have their various pros and cons, but im a bit stuck now...

could anyone shead any light on which the better option in both general and for upgrade possbilites?

Re: Which M4?

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12011

Already two pages of it there! :D

Comment

got to be the Tm M4A1 RIS, ive got one, super reliable good accuracy great rof, nice weight lookstunning with 3x magnifier and aimpolint :P

Comment

Whilst i'd love to be able to stick with buying TM, Money really wont stretch that far at the moment, so
        i was looking more for advise about M4's under the 150 mark, (and whilst i know this isn't much, but i know that you get for what you pay for) and other than getting a clone, the 2 models i listed above seem pretty good models for my budget, so i was kinda looking for advice on either of those...
        Last edited by PointandClick; 6 April, 2009, 11:53.

Comment

are you only looking to buy one new?

Comment

The G&G CM has been proven to be very good.
            I would go with that if I were you.
            I have not fired or heard much about about CA Sportline guns so I cant comment on them.

Comment

yeah, i think so...i've had a bit of trouble with 2nd hand stuff recently and as this is a new model for me i wouldn't know where to start with repairs!

cheers bert, i think im leaning more that way anyway due to what i've heard about the gearbox being of a very high standard...

Comment

Dude, not that im trying to sell anything but there's some ICS m4a1's on the second hand sale from top blokes for around 150-170! Those are some of the best m4's around, so if you can strke a deal you'll be much better off
                Current Armoury
                TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

I had the m15a4 sportline tactical carbine, it was good but the hop unit was buggered and the gun broke after 5 hours of using it, best bet is to buy a second hand TM, G&P(the best) or CA

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

i'm currently thinkin bout jumping on the M4 bandwagon (after years of saying i would never do it)
                    Ever considered getting a JG 416 instead of an M4? Been looking at one myself as a first time gun and from what I have seen and read the new batch from JG with the MOSFET and new gears are ment to be pretty tasty. Seems like a nice alternate to the common as fook M4 afaik it takes most of the M4 upgrades?
                    Last edited by ThePope; 6 April, 2009, 13:39.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I bought a broken D-boys M4 from here for £40, added a new body, gearbox, tb and airseal hop. All in, it cost me about £150 and it's as reliable as anything, plus the satisfaction of knowing I put it together myself.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                        Ever considered getting a JG 416 instead of an M4? Been looking at one myself as a first time gun and from what I have seen and read the new batch from JG with the MOSFET and new gears are ment to be pretty tasty. Seems like a nice alternate to the common as fook M4 afaik it takes most of the M4 upgrades?
                        The 416 mentioned above is available in several M4 variants as well. They basically just used the same gearbox etc. in different bodies. I have the M4 CQB-R and housemate has M4A1.

They really are stunning guns, fantastic for the price (paid £195 for mine). the M4A1 feels a bit more solid but still quality whichever you go for. Came highly reccomended from the site where i bought it and since then a lot of people have been buying em. A few prefer them over CA etc. as well.

being JG they do come over the FPS limit out of the box though.

Comment

Yeah the latest wave of JG is ment to be very nice with the upped internals (MOSFET, Gearbox etc)

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PointandClick Find out more about PointandClick
                          Working...
                          X