Light weight sniper set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light weight sniper set up

Hi I'm looking for possible ideas on a light weight sniper load out?

All help appreciated

Re: Light weight sniper set up

Something lightweight, so a chest rig or belt setup. Possibly a plate carrier if you find a fairly small one (although in my opinion if you want to wear a big bulky vest and snipe then go for it)

I think their are a couple of other threads around the forum that might also adress this topic, so take a look at the advice given there as well.

Comment

I'd be going for a belt setup personally. What you need I ask yourself is what can you do without. Bare minimum you need your rifle, enough mags to get you through the day an a side arm also with enough mags. Another consideration is placement. No point having your side arm in a serpa on your chest if you spend 90% of your time prone. Decide what you need and find a belt setup that will put it where it needs to go.

Comment

Gotta be a belt rig. My belt rig is set up to be my base layer regardless of whether I'm sniping or using an AEG. It has the essentials on it and is laid out to be as practical as possible (I'm right handed)

- At the front right is my IMI (Serpa type) holster for my P226 MK25. Just behind that I have my radio.
        - Front left I have a quad KYWI mag pouch for pistol mags (this will also accommodate VSR10 mags!) beneath this, attached to my trouser belt, I have a large foldable dump pouch
        - At the rear I have two medium utility pouches (the kind that will fit 4 M4 mags) which can be used for anything you want/need (pyro, chocolate, water, multi tool etc)
        - The entire battle belt is supported by a low profile harness

The result is a very lightweight system that has all the essentials on it and room in the utility pouches for anything you might need.

My second layer is my plate carrier, which has my fastmag pouches, multi tool pouch, hydration bladder on the back, 203 pouches etc. However, even when running an aeg, if it's going to be a relatively short game, I can just grab my belt kit and fill the utility pouch closest to my left hand with mags and I'm good to go.

Belts are the best solution to everything
        Redcon Airsoft Team
        TheJim : RC-69

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bremner Find out more about bremner
        Working...
        X