Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK Chest Rigs??

Hello all,

Swapped from a PC to a chest rig about a month ago and I have to admit I love it, but I've also swapped out all my old Stanag mag'ed guns for AKs; much to my dismay the bungie mag pouches on my Condor recon rig just don't quite work with the longer 74 style mags, and they're sewn into the rig... bummer.

So i'm just wondering what all you AK guys do for mag pouches/chest rigs?

Scott

Re: AK Chest Rigs??

I have had similar.

I tried a cheap old canvas AK chest rig last weekend. Loved it.

I have a nice triple AK Blackhawk pouch which will work well on my modern molle chest rig but love the old school canvas rig so I'll probably sell the Blackhawk AK pouches (if you're interested?). Imo molle + velco not as cool as canvas and wood toggles.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Yup, I run one like this with my AK
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8414

its spot on.

Comment

I like the look of that rig Figjam, I'll look at getting one; possibly remove one of the utility pouches and get some molle space sewn on there. Cheers for the info gents!

Comment

Ive had no issue with any stanag pouches with my 74 mags. Currently using TAG open top ones.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I think its because the condor ones are sewn in, so they're not quite as flexible as the branded molle ones. Had a scout around on some of the US shooting forums and found these that a fella had been making to order, not sure how I'd go about getting one in the UK, and I don't have a sewing machine. But they're perfect, he was charging $50 for the open topped rigs:

0903121514b.jpg1005121542b.jpg1115120838.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotty Dog A Northerner living down south Find out more about Scotty Dog
            Working...
            X