Which headset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which headset?

Hi all i bought a element comtac II but the ptt it came with was a kenwood 2 pin. Our ATC setup is motorolla 1 pins, so i bought another PTT but the plug isnt the old 5 pin its for the newer 1 large pin ones so to save loads of hassle i need to get a new headet and sell off the old one, but im wondering whether to get another comtac II or the sordins model, bear in mind im going for a Task force black set up in the near future but i also want the better ones obviously so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Which headset?

Most pictures show Comtacs for TFB/TFK/TF121. You'll have a job of getting a sordin too cos theyre pretty much always out of stock.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

comtacs are all sold out now like mate , i had to pick on up second hand , i would keep the one you have and sell the other ptts and get a correct one

Comment

It almost impossible to find the correct PTT tho .

Comment

single pin? can you not pick up the chunky pin itself and get someone to rewire a ptt to it thats what i would do

Comment

ive opened up both PTT and they are wired differently so it seems kinda pointless, guess im gunna buy the sordins and keep the comtac IIs for a non radio setup and use them as ear pro (they work very well as ear pro and ive tested them with 5.56 and 7.62) then if i do manage to get a proper PTT ill use both :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

boom headshot Find out more about boom headshot
            Working...
            X