Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plate carrier for a big man

Hello all
    I'm a big guy and I'm in need on some advice as to what the best plate carrier would be to fit a big guy. If anyone has any knowledge or experiance in this it would be greatly appriciated.

Re: plate carrier for a big man

Originally posted by bezz View Post
    Hello all
    I'm a big guy and I'm in need on some advice as to what the best plate carrier would be to fit a big guy. If anyone has any knowledge or experiance in this it would be greatly appriciated.
    fat or tall or just well hung ?
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

My instincts tell me to say well hung haha. But no I'm a plump fellow

Comment

Been here as a fat guy myself.

Whats your budget? Are you looking at real steal prices or clones?

I had a JPC clone for a while, loved it, but it was too small and was not a great look. I currently use a clone of the 6094 which is ok. before that I did have a CIRAS which was decent, but it's quite dated now as well and I wanted something more modern looking.
        sigpic

Comment

budget wise im looking for something at the most £110 and im happy with clones and real. as long as it works, fits and doesnt turn to mulch at the first sign of water im happy. im a 52 inch chest so i need something that fits comfortably. also would like it to be MTP. apparently bulldog plate carriers are quite good with their sizes but im still not too sure.

Comment

You can probably get one of the larger ospreys for less than £110.

Comment

ive tried to have a look but cant seem to find anything of osprey :S

Comment

some thing like this will work
                http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0264

and there is a large range here
                http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Product.asp?LarCode=1

you can't buy from these links so I should be ok posting. just remember zero one are great for buying things from, if you ever need any thing for airsoft. zeroone is your store to call on.
                The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

those links have helped me out alot. thank you very much kind sir. and i hope this forum helps all the other chairsofters in need of a good piece of kit

Comment

Hey buddy had a similar problem to yourself as I have a 46 inch chest and similar belly. I ended up buying a condor outdoor defender carrier vest. It's a one size fits most but actually quite large (I've actually had to tighten it up). Found it to be really good quality and got mine for £80 so reasonable too.

Comment

hey guys and anyone whos looking at this. ive ended up going for the condor operator plate carrier. it seems to be the cheapest and best one to adjust to size. is possible to mod aswell. just to let anyone know. and thank you all for the help

Comment

Maybe give one of the Warrior Assault Systems R.I.C.A.S systems a look.. Not the compact the full size, they're possibly a bit pricey new but you can pick up a good deal 2nd hand quite often!

Comment

I second the full size RICAS. I'm not a large chap but I know larger fellows who use the RICAS. As above, NOT the compact version. And be careful buying second hand if you do choose a warrior RICAS as they could be purchased in both medium and large.
                          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bezz Find out more about bezz
                          Working...
                          X