Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for good walkie talkie + throat mic setup

Hi guys

Not been airsofting or over a year now (i know, i know im a slacker) but am intending to get back into it this year starting with this weekend. My question is, what would you guys recommend for a good walkie talkie and throat mic setup? I used a cheap £20 walkie the year before last and found it to be a bit pants so want something thats going to work as well as possible at ground zero..

cheers

Re: Recommendations for good walkie talkie + throat mic setup

radio set up ,

either Motoral talkabout , or cobra,

then use either a ebay, throat mic , ( give amazing results )

or fork out for a isus or devlo( sorry forgot what it is called )

Comment

thanks for that..

how about these... http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB...e-Talkie_GB_EN

I cant seem to find many uk stockists of the talkabouts and they only show up on motorola's US site...

I can get 2 of the T7's with throat mics for £99

Comment

I would stay away from the motorola throatmics. If you want quality then go for Devgru. Z1 sell them but they are pricey. You can look on ebay and get a cheap one but they can be hit or miss.
        Suprised your having difficulty finding a T7 stockist, i too am looking at purchasing a set and know many companies who have them instock. If you need a link PM me.

Comment

Im using a kenwood TK350 that my local site sold me

and a devgru throatmic that z1 sold me - really nice piece of kit
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I've been using the T7's for a while now and they are by far the best radios I have personally owned.

Comment

Cereal (hehe, laughing at the name!) - I bought myself a pair of Cobra Microtalk MT975's from ebay for around £45 posted.

These use the same one pin connector as the Talkabouts, and they're just simply amazing radios. 12km range, lightweight, simple to use. 8 Channels with hundreds of sub-channels, and the ability to monitor two frequencies at once - if you really wanted to cheat, that is.

Now the throat mic is obviously on top of that, but there's a US company I'd also recommend... Will do mic's for any radio!
              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 22 April, 2010, 08:31. Reason: retailer link

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Get deacent cobra there cheap and surprisingly work better than others that are ridiculously expensive
                oh and for throat mic use ebay
                Will

Comment

cheers for the advice guys

Comment

Willyham - I find it ironic how you post that after me giving you all that advice on your own thread - "Let's Talk Radio's" - good to see you went with the Cobra! Did you go for the same one's - the 975's?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cerealuk Find out more about cerealuk
                    Working...
                    X